Medical Associates Clinic is seeking a BE/BC Cardiothoracic/Vascular Surgeon to join our team! This position can be either part-time or full-time.
- Work/life/balance by working 2-3 days per week (plus call and weekend rotation) or more, depending on preference
- Busy state-of-the-art Cath Labs and Cardiac Operating Suite and TAVR program
- Services include: coronary artery bypass, valve replacement, chest tubes, carotid endarterectomy, aortic aneurysm, surgery for vascular obstructions in legs/arms/dialysis catheters
- Vascular interest preferred
- Supported by 24/7 Hospitalist program at MercyOne, a Magnet Recognized hospital
- Physician owned & directed multi-specialty group practice
- Iowa ranked #1 Best State, 2018 U.S. News & World Report’s Best State rankings (#4 to practice medicine, #5 in education)
- Nationally competitive compensation package including residency stipend and bonus that can be used for student loan repayment.
- Great benefit package includes excellent health insurance, flexible paid time off, and strong retirement plan
- Physicians benefit from owning a successful 5-star health insurance company (Medical Associates Health Plans) and joint ownership of an ambulatory surgery center
Comprehensive Cancer Center
MercyOne Medical Center and Medical Associates recently opened a new, state of the art, fully integrated, comprehensive cancer center. The center is the first in Dubuque and the tri-state region to conveniently offer an array of hematology/oncology outpatient services including chemotherapy infusion along with radiation oncology services in the same building. Features of the new cancer center include state-of-the-art technology, access to pharmacists, dietitians, social workers, nurse navigators, and other members of the care team in one convenient location. MercyOne Cancer Center
Medical Associates Clinic, with over 180 providers is the area’s leading healthcare provider and multispecialty group practice. Medical Associates continually provides physician owners annual incomes above the national average and is an AMGA “Best Practice” for physician satisfaction and ranks in the top 5 percentile for employee engagement. www.mahealthcare.com
Dubuque Community Overview
Dubuque, Iowa is located along the scenic wooded bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River. Named Forbes “#1 Best Small City to Raise a Family” and Kiplinger’s 10 Great Places to Live”, Dubuque has one of the finest school systems in the country and offers extensive preforming arts, sports, and other fun activities for children. Dubuque has something for everyone from downhill ski resorts, miles of hiking and biking trails, talented local symphony, excellent community theatre, boating opportunities and two Smithsonian-affiliated museums. www.biglifesmallcity.com and www.traveldubuque.com
With a population of 70,000 and a drawing base area of over 250,000, Dubuque is a city where the simple pleasures and modern conveniences of life are balanced. Dubuque is a little over a one hour drive from both Madison and Iowa City, and is only three hours from Chicago.
This opportunity does not qualify for the J-1 visa waiver.