Vidant Health is becoming ECU Health!
While our name change is official, the rebranding process will take several months to complete. Please note that during this transition period, you may see both brands represented in various places—online, in job postings, in the communication you receive, etc.
Vidant Medical Group & Vidant Orthopedics, located in Tarboro, North Carolina, are seeking a board eligible or board certified orthopedic surgeon to join their established practice. Applicants should have a primary focus in general orthopedics or spine surgery. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Enjoy an excellent work life balance in eastern North Carolina https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXevZX4jw4Q
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Edgecombe Hospital
- Established practice with two Physician Assistants
- Ancillary services include physical therapy and on-site radiology
- Built-in referral network
- Shared Call
- Orthopedic trauma support at nearby Vidant Medical Center
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package including relocation
- Close proximity and ability to live in Greenville, NC
- Learn more about Vidant Edgecombe Hospital and Tarboro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvpbDfl3XaQ
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
Vidant Edgecombe Hospital is a 117-bed acute care hospital located in Tarboro, North Carolina. As part of the Vidant Health system of care, the hospital offers high quality care provided by more than 20 medical specialties, rehabilitation services, a birthing center, a cancer center, outpatient clinics and more.
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 550 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Tarboro is a shining example of a historic community embracing progress while preserving its storied past. Located in northeastern North Carolina just minutes from the I-95/US 64 interchange, Tarboro is a town where you can enjoy a sense of history and contentment without sacrificing a single 21st-century amenity. Only 30 minutes west of Greenville and an hour east of Raleigh-Durham, one of the nation’s fastest growing high-tech regions, and two hours west of the pristine shores of the famed Outer Banks, Tarboro is easy to find and hard to leave.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Steve Mitchell at Steven.Mitchell@VidantHealth.com or call 252-847-2038.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.