Job Description & Requirements
Acute Care & Trauma Surgery Physician - in Connecticut
The Division of General Surgery, Trauma, and Surgical Critical Care at the Yale School of Medicine is seeking an outstanding acute care surgeon to join their faculty and provide services at Bridgeport Hospital, located in Bridgeport, CT. We are seeking fellowship-trained applicants in Surgical Critical Care who are board-certified or board-eligible in both Surgical Critical Care and General Surgery. This is a predominantly clinical position that will require excellent clinical and interpersonal skills. The position will include a faculty rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, which is commensurate with level of experience.Opportunity Highlights
- Fantastic clinical opportunity to join an established, high-functioning team of 6 experienced surgeons as a part of the Yale-New Haven Health System and Yale Department of Surgery.
- Practice all areas of acute care surgery, including emergency and elective general surgery, trauma surgery, and surgical critical care. There is also an opportunity to practice burn surgery if interested.
- Excellent opportunity for career development with clinical and academic mentors.
- Bridgeport Hospital is an ACS-certified Level II trauma center home to Connecticut’s only burn center.
- There are many opportunities to participate in scholarly activity depending on interests, including research and trainee education.
- Enjoy a phenomenal faculty benefits package that offers college tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance, and excellent retirement options.
Bridgeport is conveniently located only 60 miles from New York City and a 3-hour drive to Boston. It is the most populous city in Connecticut and offers many amenities for any lifestyle. Enjoy life close to the shore and live in the surrounding communities that offer ample New England charm. In addition, the greater New Haven and Fairfield County area offers some of the top public and private schools in the country.
Fellowship in Surgical Critical Care
BE or BC in General Surgery and Surgical Critical CareAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Trauma Surgeon, Trauma Surgery, Critical Care Surgeon, Acute Care Surgeon, Acute Care Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Surgical Trauma, Surgery Trauma, Surgery Critical Care, surgery