Adult Outpatient Opportunities in Beautiful Schuylkill and Carbon Counties
St. Luke’s University Health Network is seeking full time BC/BE Adult Psychiatrists. St. Luke’s has been recently ranked as the #1 teaching hospital in the nation, a recipient of the prestigious 15 Top Health System award as well as recognized as a 100 Top Hospital for the ninth time by Watson Health.
These outpatient positions will all interact with residents in the newly established Rural Psychiatry residency. Locations include offices near our Geisinger/St. Luke’s Campus, Tamaqua office and the new office at out Lehighton Campus, where we are establishing a walk-in center.
- We are recruiting for growth and expansion as we now encompass 186 inpatient beds across the network, and 5 outpatient offices
- Provide supervision with the opportunity to teach our Rural Psychiatric Residents
- Collaborative support with Advanced Practitioners
- Minimal night call frequency and volumes
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- The opportunity to teach psychiatry residents and medical students
- A substantial stipend after signing on paid out during the final year of residency/fellowship
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Loan forgiveness program up to $100,000
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and generous CME allowance
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
About St. Luke’s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 14 campuses and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue in excess of $2.7 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke’s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s established the Lehigh Valley’s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation’s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
About Northeastern Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley
This position is located in the greater Northeastern area of Pennsylvania. Successful candidates could have the best of both worlds living in or close to a larger city like Allentown or Bethlehem or a quaint rural area. Either location would offer a quick commute to the office as well as award winning public and private school districts.
Northeastern PA is a beautiful, four-season region with vineyards, Yuengling Brewery, micro-breweries, skiing, trails, fishing, and other outdoor recreation. Family-friendly, the region is known for its warm, welcoming people and sense of community.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, early American, and industrial history, Lehigh Valley is bursting with nationally recognized events, exciting nightlife, adventurous outdoor activities, and modern and contemporary arts. The region has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing economies in the nation.
The Lehigh Valley is home to 11 colleges and universities that award more than 10,000 degrees annually and include prestigious private colleges, state universities, and two community colleges. Whatever your educational interests and needs, Lehigh Valley is a great place to learn.
Northeastern PA and the Lehigh Valley are a short drive away from major mid-Atlantic cities including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.
For more information, please visit www.DiscoverNEPA.com and www.DiscoverLehighValley.com
*We do not sponsor visas