The Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is seeking a full-time BC/BE fellowship-trained Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Orthopaedic Physician. The division currently includes 3 full time Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Orthopaedic Physicians. The Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation has a total of 41 Clinical Physicians of which 30 are in Hershey, PA and 11 reside in State College, PA.
This is an academic-style practice with strong subspecialty programs in all aspects of adult orthopaedic care as well. The qualified candidate will be a full-time faculty member of the Penn State Health Department of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, and hold an academic rank within the Penn State College of Medicine.
What we re seeking:
- Medical degree MD, DO, or foreign equivalent
- BC/BE in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeon in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty (Adult Reconstruction and Joint Arthroplasty) required
- Excellent patient care abilities and interest in teaching as well as participation in clinical research
What we offer:
- Outstanding academic program with a national reputation
- Highly collaborative culture
- Interaction with dynamic clinicians across departments and participation in innovative educational approaches
- Faculty rank commensurate with experience
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
What the Area Offers:
Hershey is a thriving suburban town of approximately 20,000, in a metropolitan area of approximately 400,000 in one of the fastest growing regions of the state. Surrounded by diverse communities such as Harrisburg, Lebanon, and Lancaster, and less than 95 miles from Philadelphia and Baltimore, it provides residents and visitors with employment, cultural, and recreational opportunities that are attractive to people of all backgrounds. Central Pennsylvania's second largest industry, Hershey Foods Corporation, is also headquartered in Hershey.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.