Heart Failure Cardiologist Tacoma, WA
The Center for Cardiovascular Health at Virginia Mason Franciscan Health (VMFH) includes over 150 providers across 10 hospitals and 3 tertiary care centers. Our current advanced HF team for VMFH includes 5 advanced heart failure cardiologists and 9 dedicated advanced practice providers.
Responsible for the Advanced Heart Failure (AHF) program for Virginia Mason Franciscan Health including oversight of inpatient care and outpatient HF clinic care delivery, and setting guidelines, protocols and order sets for the system
These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains an active Advanced Heart Failure practice and Heart Failure board certification
- Inpatient rounding of advanced heart failure service at VMFH regional level, including tertiary medical centers in the region. Primary focus will be at St Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma
- Caring for patients with mechanical circulatory devices, ECMO, and pulmonary hypertension.
- Works collaboratively with service line leadership and appropriate committees for policy and program development
- Acts as liaison for cardiology team to obtain content expertise
- Facilitates policy implementation and monitors compliance
- Reviews quality data with Heart Center Data Team monthly and prior to any registry submission
- Chairs and facilitates assigned committees and conferences
- Chairs Advanced Heart Failure interdisciplinary workgroups for continuous quality improvement process
- Participates in review of patient and system issues in collaboration with appropriate staff
- Assists in development of action plans and follow up as required
- Reviews with Service Line leadership the financial performance of Advanced Heart Failure service and practice on a monthly basis
- Assists with all aspects of Advanced Heart Failure program as needed
- Supports CHI initiatives
- Develops Ventricular Assist Device program
- Develops advanced heart failure outreach programs
- Provides clinical leadership to advancing outcome driven clinical initiatives, inclusive of supporting ECMO program, developing advanced heart failure inpatient service, and participate in building a new VAD program for VMFH
- Provides input in development, implementation and maintenance of the Advance Heart Failure Strategic Plan
- Works with Practice Manager, Hospital Leadership, and Service Line leaders as needed to resolve operational or clinical support challenges
- Fosters an interdisciplinary collaborative environment with all VMFH service lines
- Opportunity for leading the HF program for VMFH (based on experience)
Acts as a resource in establishing criteria for privileges:
- Participates in service line physician and provider recruitment
- Reviewing applications for laboratory privileges and make recommendations for re-credentialing
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Advanced Heart Failure leadership preferred. New advanced heart failure graduates are welcome to apply
- Washington State Medical License
- Board Certification/Board Eligible (ABIM)
Demonstrate and support our system's Values which include:
Care with listening, empathy and love.
Accompany and comfort those in need of healing.
Celebrate each person s gifts and voice.
Respect the dignity of all.
Inspire trust through honesty.
Demonstrate courage in the face of inequity.
Serve with fullest passion, creativity and stewardship.
Exceed expectations of others and ourselves.
Commit to the power of working together.
Build and nurture meaningful relationships.
Employment with Franciscan Medical Group includes:
Competitive compensation model and comprehensive benefits which include health, dental, vision, full malpractice coverage, CME, personal time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. Relocation Assistance is available.
Our anti-discriminatory practice
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical, mental or other disability, citizenship, medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by Virginia Mason Franciscan Health directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which Virginia Mason Franciscan Health arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
OUR HEALTH SYSTEM:A Mission to Heal, a Promise to Care
Here to serve as your partner in health, offering a wide variety of services that care for the mind, body and spirit.
Since the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia established St. Joseph Hospital (now Medical Center) in Tacoma in 1891, we ve focused on providing the best possible health care for people in the communities we serve. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, we re dedicated to healing the whole person body, mind and spirit.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT:
Consistent with our Core Values, we are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.