Flexible Career Path Options!
The Department of Dermatology, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine/VCU Health System, seeks BE/BC Dermatologists due to pending retirements of longstanding faculty as well as demand-driven growth. We welcome a variety of professional interests including:
- 100% clinical dermatology
- Dual clinical/academic
- Dermatologist Hospitalist
- Pediatrics, subspecialty dermatology, specific disease state (e.g., HS)
Enjoy a rewarding and successful career with VCU Health System!
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.
- We have an established practice, so we expect your ramp-up period will be minimal and you will have a full practice within a year!
- Our dermatology clinics are located at:
- our brand new Adult Outpatient Pavilion (AOP) on the VCU hospital campus offering your patients convenient garage parking and a Starbucks! and,
- our Stony Point location, a beautiful, freestanding facility just 20 minutes west of Richmond.
- We have six dermatology residents. Opportunities for research and publication are available for interested candidates; faculty appointment commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- VCU Health System offers excellent compensation and benefits! Faculty members that are also employed as clinical providers are offered a comprehensive benefits package to complement the benefits provided through Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Quality, Citizenship and Productivity Bonus opportunity!
Richmond, Virginia, the best river city in the country, offers you and your family
- top-ranking public and private schools
- a mild climate which lends itself to a host of recreational activities, including biking the Capital Trail from Richmond to Williamsburg and whitewater rafting through the center of downtown
- a low cost of living and minimal traffic
- easy access to the Atlantic Ocean, Washington, DC and the Blue Ridge Mountains
- suburbs which are ranked among the nation’s best
- a vibrant arts, culture and entertainment community
- one of the most exciting food cities in the country with nationally recognized restaurants, and dozens of microbreweries