TPMG is seeking a full-time BE/BC Orthopedic Surgeon Hand & Upper Extremity to join our team in Redwood City, CA.
This position will fill an open position resulting from a retirement. The Group has 3 SM and 3 TJ surgeons. The candidate we seek is Fellowship trained in hand/upper extremity and is comfortable with hand & elbow trauma. The practice includes soft tissue procedures, reconstructive surgery, arthroscopy, joint reconstruction, trauma, and post-traumatic reconstruction. The practice focus is on hand, wrist, and elbow. The candidate will share general orthopedic call 1:7. As a community (Level 3) hospital, we have a steady flow of community level trauma including hand injuries (tendon lacerations/fractures), distal radius & forearm fractures, elbow trauma, and standard lower extremity trauma. Our hand surgeon is expected to take general call, but there is no separate hand call. Redwood City is a highly desirable community (pop.86,200) with warm summers and mild winters. The city is located 27 miles from San Francisco and 23 miles from San Jose. The beach is a 30 minute drive and ski slopes are 3 hours away.
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California and a 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care.
- Board Certification or Eligibility
- Must be eligible to obtain a CA medical license or be currently licensed to practice within CA
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support.
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing.
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management.
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental
- Moving allowance and home loan assistance - up to $200,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including pension
Please visit our website to view all our opportunities located throughout Northern, CA: https://tpmg.permanente.org
We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer | VEVRAA Federal Contractor