Penn State Health Children s Hospital Division of Complex and Palliative Care Complex Care Program is seeking a Complex Care Pediatrician.
Join our Complex Care program now! We are committed to excellent clinical care and teaching. Interested applicants, please apply here and send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at email@example.com
Our Complex Care Program is a group of:
- 1 full time physician
- 1 full-time Physician Assistant
- 2 full-time Nurse Coordinators (RN)
- Excellent administrative support
- Primary care medical home for children with medical complexity.
- Children birth to 18 with severe chronic illness involving 3 or more organ systems
- Reliance on medical technology (GT, tracheostomy, home ventilation, indwelling central line, ostomy)
- Outpatient care with excellent continuity for routine and ill visits
- Inpatient consultation with inpatient team for existing patients
- Care coordination for the complex medical needs of patients
- Education for families and health care providers
What we re seeking:
- We are seeking someone board certified in general pediatrics with experience caring for medically complex children.
- D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania BC/BE
- Someone interested in teaching.
- An interest in research would be supported but is not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign on bonus and Relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children s Hospital (which just underwent a vertical expansion to accommodate pediatric needs in Central Pennsylvania) is located in Hershey, which is near Harrisburg (our state capital). Hershey and the surrounding area is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. Our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living, whether you prefer a more suburban setting or a thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture.
Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,800 people system wide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children s Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola. Penn State Health brings continued expansion as we open Lancaster Pediatric Center by summer and Lancaster Medical Center by years end. Penn State Health has more than 3,000 physicians and direct care providers at 90+ unique medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than$100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.