LifeBridge Health consists of Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Northwest Hospital, Carroll Hospital, Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital, and Grace Medical Center. Sinai Hospital serves the people of greater Baltimore as well as national and international patients.
As a nonprofit teaching hospital, Sinai provides training for more than 140 residents and 400 medical students yearly. Northwest Hospital, a nonprofit hospital has served the northwest Baltimore community for more than 50 years. Northwest has built nearby facilities that offer convenient services such as outpatient surgery, adult day care and physical rehabilitation.
The Department of Medicine is seeking a highly engaged physician to join our Critical Care and Pulmonary Team. The physician will work in a hybrid model covering the ICU, Inpatient Pulmonary Service, and Pulmonary Outpatient clinic. This position will cover in both the Sinai and Northwest Hospitals. This physician will have the opportunity to customize their work areas based on interest between the intensive care unit, inpatient pulmonary service and the outpatient pulmonary clinic
Sinai is the Largest Community hospital in Maryland with 483 beds. It is an academic community hospital with a 29 bed closed ICU. Northwest hospital is a 254 bed community hospital in Baltimore County, with 16 bed closed ICU.
- Challenge of working in two different ICUs, one is a level two teaching hospital and the other is a community hospital in Baltimore County.
- Well-established Critical Care Division presently consists of 7 full-time Critical Care Intensivists and 8 full-time Critical Care Physician Assistants
- Provide in-house and on-call physician coverage for ICU patients
- Patient case mix includes both routine/moderate acuity and complex/high acuity patients.
- Enjoy the reward of teaching and mentoring medical students and residents
- Shift schedules are made 3 months in advance. The 12 hour shifts at Sinai include a combination of days, nights and weekend shifts. No more than 4 to 5 nights per month since a full Intensivist does most of the nights at Sinai. The shifts at Northwest are day shifts only and may include an occasional weekend
- Variable acuity and census range at both hospitals.
- EMR: Cerner
- Procedural skills including; central line insertion with ultrasound guidance, arterial catheter insertion, IO insertion, thoracentesis, paracentesis, lumbar puncture, small and large bore chest tubes, intubation.
The Division of Pulmonary Medicine provides comprehensive care to patients with respiratory system disorders. At our pulmonary function laboratory, patients receive full pulmonary function testing as well as exercise and bronchial provocation testing.
- Location: Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and nearby community-based locations
- Join 3 Pulmonary physicians and 1 Nurse Practitioner
- Navigational Bronchoscopy and EBUS Bronchoscopy available if desired
- Combination of hospital consults, outpatient medicine, bronchoscopy, LTAC coverage
- Opportunity to precept and mentor residents in Sinai s freestanding Internal Medicine Residency Program
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply
- BE/BC in Pulmonology required
- BE/BC in Critical Care Medicine required
- Prefer that candidates have completed training in Internal Medicine (IM) residency.
- Maryland Medical License without restrictions
- MD or DO from an Accredited Medical School
- Ability to successfully obtain Maryland Medical License without restrictions
- Current DEA certificate and CDS license
- BLS and ACLS certifications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- New graduates welcome to apply
Financial Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive starting base salary commensurate with experience.
- Annual incentive bonus.
- This opportunity offers many perks including full benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), free parking, 403(b) retirement plan, 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan, Life Insurance, comfortable doctors lounge stocked with drinks and snacks, and employee discounts. LifeBridge also has discounted memberships for our employees at our 70,000 square-foot award-winning Health and Fitness center!!
LifeBridge Health hospitals are located within easy driving distance to wonderful cultural richness and diversity. Baltimore has something for everyone from the bustle of downtown to quaint area suburbs all within a short commute to our hospitals. It is also easy to hop on a train and be anywhere from Washington, DC to Philadelphia, or to New York City in no time. For those with children, our flagship hospital is located within 10 minutes from the Northern Parkway corridor, home to some of the best private schools in the country. Our practice locations are also convenient to suburban communities within Baltimore, Howard, and Carroll Counties, which are home to some of the nation s best public schools. Team members in our group enjoy a wide range of options for outdoor fun, including the beaches of the Eastern Shore, the rapids of Appalachian Western Maryland, the ski slopes of Pennsylvania and West Virginia, and the beauty of Annapolis and the Chesapeake Bay.