- Seeking a dynamic Chief of Hepatology and Medical Transplantation to lead the UPMC Center for Liver Diseases (CLD). Offering leadership opportunities within the UPMC Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute (STI) and the nationally ranked Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
- Dr. Thomas Starzl and UPMC pioneered the first liver transplant in 1981. Since then, 6,000+ adults have received liver transplants, and the Institute has conducted more than 19,500 single- and multi-organ transplants, establishing Pittsburgh as one of the world’s leading transplantation centers.
- UPMC is the national leader in Living Donor Liver Transplantation.
- Hepatology research flourishes at the Pittsburgh Liver Research Center (PLRC), a P30 NIDDK Digestive Diseases Research Core Center, led by Dr. S. Paul Monga – one of only three devoted to liver disease cores in the nation.
- University of Pittsburgh Department of Medicine NIH funding is ranked 6th among U.S. universities for competitive grants awarded to faculty members by the NIH, and 10th in federal R&D funding. The University of Pittsburgh as a whole, and the School of Medicine in particular, have more than doubled their NIH support since 1998. The University of Pittsburgh is the only school within the last 50 years to break into the top 10 NIH-funded institutions.
- The CLD trains Advanced Fellows in Transplant Hepatology each year, and welcomes one of the largest Gastroenterology Fellow training programs in the U.S. with 19 trainees.
- UPMC will soon break ground on a billion-dollar state-of-the-art flagship hospital in Oakland (main campus).
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a dynamic working environment. For immediate consideration, please send curriculum vitae to:
Robert E. Schoen, MD, MPH
ATTN: Marianne Davis
Chief, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
University of Pittsburgh | UPMC
PUH, M2, C Wing
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
We are a smoke-free and drug-free environment. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity, EOE, including disability/vets.