We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
OCHSNER HEALTH BATON ROUGE – DEPARTMENT OF CARDIOLOGY ADVANCED HEART FAILURE
Cardiologist will be housed in Baton Region and will work closely with the advanced heart failure team at Ochsner Medical Center- New Orleans to support regional heart failure initiatives and programs
The Department of Cardiology and the John Ochsner Heart & Vascular Institute are searching for:
1 BC Advanced Heart Failure Physician at Ochsner Medical Center, Baton Rouge, LA
- We are searching for an experienced Advanced Heart Failure physician (>2 years from CHF fellowship).
- Successful candidates will have focused CHF responsibilities at our Baton Rouge Campus and Hospital.
- Ochsner Baton Rouge has a multispecialty physician group of more than 150 physicians (ochsner.org) with a 201-bed hospital, and an $80M new outpatient center at the Ochsner Medical Center of Baton Rouge.
Department & Facility Highlights:
- The Ochsner Baton Rouge Cardiology group (4 Non-Invasive, 4 Interventional, and 2 EP) is part of and supported by the larger system-wide Department of Cardiology that includes 71 Board certified cardiologists practicing at eight locations throughout Southeastern Louisiana. In New Orleans we offer the state’s only LVAD and Heart Transplant program.
- The Baton Rouge cardiology group offers a full-service cardiovascular practice including all phases of state of the art cardiovascular disease management including advanced imaging, interventional and structural skills, EP and open heart surgery.
- Baton Rouge, the home of Louisiana State University, the state capital, with a population of 774,000 and is a vibrant Southeastern Conference (SEC) city, located less than an hour west of New Orleans.
WHY CHOOSE OCHSNER HEALTH:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network, and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership, and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence and Teamwork.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Louisiana is a tort-reform state
ABOUT OCHSNER HEALTH BATON ROUGE:
Ochsner Health Baton Rouge is a part of Ochsner Health, a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness.
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, a full-service, 150-bed facility, Ochsner Cancer Center – Baton Rouge and 13 Ochsner Health Centers across Tangipahoa, Livingston, East Baton Rouge, Ascension and Iberville Parishes. Nearly 2,000 employees serve our patients in the Greater Baton Rouge area, including more than 180 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers whose collective dedication to patient care is recognized for quality excellence by Becker’s Hospital Review, Healthgrades, Truven Health Analytics and Leapfrog.
CALLING BATON ROUGE…HOME:
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana’s vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it one of the most populous cities in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, 2 major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone!
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Individuals who reside in and will work from the state of Colorado are not eligible for remote work position.
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
?EEO is the Law links in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement