Join our Team!
Parkview Health, the largest non-profit health system in northeast Indiana, is currently seeking a board eligible/board certified Director of Interventional Pulmonology Physician to join our Pulmonary & Critical Care team in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We are looking for an Interventional Pulmonology physician who is passionate about clinical care, patient-oriented and enjoys working with a team that is collegial and collaborative.
Specifics of the Role
- Director of Interventional Pulmonology
- The Director for Interventional Pulmonology is primarily responsible for provision of clinical services and medical leadership of interventional pulmonary services at Parkview Regional Medical Center. They will also assist with direction and coordination of interventional pulmonary services across Parkview Health. The ideal candidate will possess and/or develop a combination of clinical, organizational, clinical research and education skills.
- Procedural competencies/capabilities:
- Advanced diagnostic bronchoscopy (Robotic bronchoscopy, navigational bronchoscopy, EBUS)
- Therapeutic bronchoscopy (stenting, bronchoplasty,etc.)
- Photodynamic therapy
- Rigid/Flexible bronchoscopy
- Teaching options: Medical students and internal medicine residents (if desired)
- 45 weeks
- 39 weeks of Pulmonary and Multi-disciplinary clinic
- 6 weeks of inpatient pulmonary rounding
- Minimal call schedule
- Collegial group of 20 Pulmonary and Critical Care physicians made up of 5 Intensivists and 15 Pulmonary and Critical Care physicians
- Our group is based out of Parkview s flagship hospital, Parkview Regional Medical Center,located on the north side of Fort Wayne, Indiana and our urban-sized hospital, Parkview Hospital Randallia
- Provide Advance Practice Provider support and 24-hour physician coverage under a shift-based model
Parkview Regional Medical Center
- $575 million-dollar tertiary medical center opened its doors in 2012
- Beautiful, new 528-bed state-of-the-art facility
- High acuity ICU (average 10-12 patients per day) with ECMO
- Due to growing demand, in 2020 the system added an additional 6-floor tower 72 new inpatient beds and additional shelled space for projected future growth.
- Comprised of 10 hospitals, serving a patient population of 890,000 throughout 16 counties in northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio
- Region s largest employer with more than 800 world class physicians and advanced practice providers and more than 13,000 co-workers that are committed to provided excellent care to every person, every day
- Utilizes EPIC as its EMR
- One of just a few Magnet designated health care systems in the country where each of its hospitals carry the distinct nursing designation
- Recognized multiple times as an IBM Watson Health Top 15 Health System, including most recently in 2019
Our excellent benefit package includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Eligible for annual incentive compensation plans that reward high-quality care and service excellence outcomes
- Commencement bonus
- Student loan assistance
- Paid relocation
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Full benefit package including retirement contribution plan, flexible spending accounts, health insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability, dues, licensure & memberships, annual physician allowance (for CME s and other qualified expenses) as well as many other non-traditional benefits.
Northeast Indiana is in the middle of it all, located just three hours or less by car from Midwest cities including Chicago, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis but with its own unique charm of small-town life, with big-city amenities.
From our Fort Wayne International Airport which is conveniently located just 8 miles south of Fort Wayne and provides 4 major airline carriers to get you to your desired destination, or our Famous Children s Zoo where you can explore the worlds exotic animals and different cultures without having to leave IN, there is no shortage of adventure here!
Our expanding Downtown is full of eclectic restaurants, outdoor ventures, and plenty of community fairs, festivals and happenings.
Here, we offer the opportunity to create your version of the American dream, whether you re looking to grow your career, family, or home. Fort Wayne, the region s hub and Indiana s second largest city, consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the U.S and boasts some of the nation s lowest cost of living.
Choose from some of the best Public Schools and Private Schools for your family members and rest assured that you and your loved ones will feel the welcoming spirit that Northeast Indiana provides to those who choose to call it home.
We encourage you to come visit our growing health system and vibrant community and we will commit to welcoming you with our big-hearted hospitality.