The Las Vegas VA is seeking highly motivated Family Medicine Physicians to join our fantastic team!
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be B/E or B/C
The Physician will be responsible for providing primary care for patients with the new VA care delivery system, Patient-Aligned Care Teams (PACT). This model of care incorporates a patient-centered approach focusing on access to care, care managers, collaboration amongst specialties and other services (including nursing and clerical staff), and alternative means of care (tele-health, nursing visits, shared medical appointments, etc.). The incumbent serves as a Primary Care Physician in outpatient primary care clinics providing appropriate care for Veterans ranging in age from 18 through geriatric years, taking into consideration diagnosis and physical, functional, psychosocial, spiritual and cultural needs. The incumbent serves as a provider who is highly skilled in the management of a patient's primary care needs and evaluation of need for subspecialty referral. The incumbent is responsible to contribute to the achievements of quality-of-care standards, efficiency, process improvement, and patient satisfaction. The incumbent writes orders for diagnostic testing, prescribed medications, and consultation to specialty services utilizing computer-keyboarding techniques. The incumbent is expected to practice in accordance with professional standards, core values and with a commitment to service excellence. Physician will serve as a resource for Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants who are also delivering primary care and responds to all staff in the primary care teams in regard to patient concerns.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assesses the needs of and plans intervention for individuals/families.
- Facilitates the delivery of primary, acute and chronic health care.
- Assists individuals/families achieve optimal levels of health through collaboration with medical and health care professionals.
- Exercises medical decision-making and provides a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for a specific group of patients.
- Exhibits leadership in initiating changes in patient care programs based on current concepts and findings from research and/or studies.
- Involved in direct patient care, patient and family teaching, staff education and multidisciplinary consultations and collaborations.
- Participates in education of PA students, NP, Residents, Medical Students, interns
- Supervise mid-level practitioners as assigned.
- Consistently demonstrates expertise in diagnosing and treating seriously ill multi-symptomatic patients.
- Serves as a resource person for standards development in health care in the area of quality improvement concerns.
Benefits and Features
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 49-54 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 10 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
COVID; As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further
Please forward copy of your Curriculum Vitae to Jason Tafoya, VA Healthcare Recruiter or call or text (925) 270-6574.