The Las Vegas VA is seeking to hire and Endocrinologist to join our dynamic team!
Scope of practice for the endocrinologist to include, but is not limited to:
- Provides direct patient care for inpatients and outpatients with actual or presumed endocrinologic problems, including care of transgender veterans.
- Ability to perform thyroid fine needle aspirations.
- Order, supervise, and interpret all standard and specialized endocrinologic tests.
- Provides patient-centered medical care utilizing both the art and science of medicine.
- Provides high-value, cost-effective, and team-based medical care.
- Utilizes palliative and hospice services and principles as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to teach medical students, medical residents, and other students who rotate on the oncology service
- Demonstrates ability to participate in clinical research and other academic activities as assigned, both with VA and our affiliated academic institutions.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills that enhances the effectiveness and accomplishments of the service.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills that are commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Participates in hospital and medical staff activities such as accreditation requirements, quality assessment, quality improvement projects, committee assignments, EPRP activities, lean activities, ORYX, HEDIS, SAIL measures, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to function within the parameters set by VA with regards to consult management, utilization of order sets, documentation in CPRS, and other requirements of the VA's electronic medical record system.
- Demonstrates ability to function within a large complex organization that requires cooperation with multiple services, including community care, prosthetics service, medical administration, medical records, group medical practice, etc.
Work Schedule: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday (Plus On-Call)
- Competitive pay based on training, experience, and local labor market
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted active U.S. license
- CME: $1,000/year and 5 days of paid absences for CME courses
- Malpractice: VHA physicians are covered under federal tort laws
- No employment contracts, noncompete clauses, or restrictive covenants
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time; 11 paid federal holidays; 15 days military
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health Insurance (Dental & Vision supplemental insurance available)
- Life Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility Relocate without loss of benefits, vacation, or pay
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program up to $200,000
To inquire about this position, email your CV to Jason.email@example.com
COVID; As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.