The Las Vegas VA is seeking to hire an Orthopedic Surgeon to join our dynamic team! Responsibilities:
- Examine patient's and assess any deformity or illness
- Document and review patients' histories
- Apply and supervise appropriate curative, palliative, reconstructive, and corrective treatment modalities
- Perform surgeries on patients who want to augment and/or beautify certain body parts
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats diseases and injuries to the musculoskeletal system.
- Prescribes course of treatment for patients with injuries, disorders, or malformations and performs required surgery.
- Conducts and supervises direct patient care, including non-surgical and other interventional treatment options.
- Follow up with patients and provide appropriate medical care
- Explain the risks and dangers of surgical procedures to patients
- Follow-up in the outpatient and inpatient areas
- Make sure that surgical equipment is adequate
- Plans and executes disease prevention and health promotion programs.
- Exercises command of medical units as provided by law and regulations.
- Conduct medical research on new injuries or diseases, and conducts, supervises, and participates in medical education and training of other medical personnel.
- Participates in on-call schedule in a responsive and timely manner.
- Provides outpatient consultation and hospital consultation services.
- Maintains CME units based on the requirements of the specifying Board.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events and writing summaries.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
- Taking call for Orthopedics surgery emergencies
- Collaboration with Providers for this and other specialties
- Teaching of Residents and Fellows
- Participation in all meetings and other initiatives of the respective Section, other Services, and the Hospital as a whole
- Supervises the clinical performance of the Orthopedic Surgery Department
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Competitive pay based on training, experience, and local labor market
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted active U.S. license
- CME: $1,000/year and 5 days of paid absences for CME courses
- Malpractice: VHA physicians are covered under federal tort laws
- No employment contracts, noncompete clauses, or restrictive covenants
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time; 11 paid federal holidays; 15 days military
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health Insurance (Dental & Vision supplemental insurance available)
- Life Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility Relocate without loss of benefits, vacation, or pay
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program up to $200,000
To inquire about this position, email your CV to Jason.email@example.com
COVID; As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.