The Las Vegas VA is seeking to hire dynamic Cardiologists to join our team.
Scope of practice for the cardiologist to include, but is not limited to:
- Provides direct patient care for inpatients and outpatients with actual or presumed cardiac problems.
- Provides patient-centered medical care utilizing both the art and science of medicine.
- Provides high-value, cost-effective, and team-based medical care.
- Utilizes palliative and hospice services and principles as indicated.
- Qualifies for Faculty appointment at University of Las Vegas School of Medicine and/or Touro Osteopathy School of Medicine.
- Demonstrates ability to teach medical students, medical residents, cardiology fellows, or other students who rotate on the cardiology service.
- Cardiologist with LVAD, transplant, and heart failure experience preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrates ability to participate in clinical research and other academic activities as assigned, both with VA and our affiliated academic institutions.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills that enhances the effectiveness and accomplishments of the service.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills that are commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Participates in hospital and medical staff activities such as accreditation requirements, quality assessment, quality improvement projects, and committee assignments.
- Demonstrates ability to function within the parameters set by VA with regards to consult management, utilization of order sets, documentation in CPRS, and other requirements of the VA's electronic medical record system.
- Demonstrates ability to function within a large complex organization that requires cooperation with multiple services, including community care, prosthetics service, medical administration, medical records, group medical practice, etc.
Work Schedule: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Benefits and Features
- Expected Salary range for well qualified Cardiologist will range from $300,000.00 to $330,000.00, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 11 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
COVID; As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.
To inquire about this position, email your CV to Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org