The Orthopedic Surgery Section of the Las Vegas VA Medical Center provides care in outpatient and inpatient settings throughout the facility.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be B/E or B/C
The Section Chief of Geriatrics provides administrative and clinical oversight of all Geriatric programs. The duties of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Plans, develops and maintains a comprehensive program to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
- Ensures the implementation and maintenance of standards for medical providers and forecasts requirements necessary to maintain and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of clinical care
- Participates in establishing policies, procedures and guidelines for the delivery of services.
- Recommends clinical privileges for medical providers and functions as Supervising/Collaborating physician for non-LIP providers in GEC.
- Participates in activities related to Graduate Medical Education and promotes and supports appropriate continuing education programs for allied health staff members.
- Advises the Service Chief of Geriatrics and Extended Care about the adequacy and appropriateness of the scope of services, medical equipment, space and staffing levels to the needs of the GEC product line at the present and in the future.
- Coordinates medical provider assignments and coverage and communicates staff availability on a regular basis to all appropriate staff members.
- Communicates medical staff responsibilities and medical care policies, procedures, and guidelines to all medical providers within the GEC product line.
- Serves as a member of applicable committees within the medical center and VISN.
The Section Chief of Geriatrics Medicine reports directly to the Chief of Staff of Geriatrics and Extended Care Services of the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS).
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm
Benefits and Features
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 49-54 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 10 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
COVID; As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further
Please forward copy of your Curriculum Vitae to Jason Tafoya, VA Healthcare Recruiter or call or text (925) 270-6574.