Seeking a General Radiologist with light Interventional procedures at UPMC Somerset Hospital in Somerset, PA. Join the largest and busiest, community hospital in Somerset county. Must have an MD or equivalent, be BC or BE in Diagnostic Radiology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. Must be proficient in interventional radiology procedures required in a community hospital.
- No call!
- Hours are Monday-Friday 8-5
- Join a group of 16 Radiologists
- Option for an academic appointment if desired
- Average weekly volume 7a-7p include:
- 85-XR (including IR procedures)
- 39-CT (including IR procedures)
- Procedure Types Include:
- US FNAs
- Thyroid BXs
- CT Guided: Lung, Kidneys, Abscess Drainages
What we Offer
- Relocation expenses
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefit package
- Generous CME allowance of $7,500
- PTO up to 14 weeks
- Work at a busy community hospital
- Live in a great community while having the support of UPMC through teleradiology. The UPMC Department of Radiology is one of the largest academic departments in the country with over 170 Radiologists, 42 research faculty, 66 residents and fellows.
- Employed by UPMC Altoona Regional Health System
- McKesson PACs and Powerscibe which will convert to i-Site. Cerner is used as the inpatient EMR and EPIC as the outpatient.
About UPMC Somerset and UPMC
- UPMC Somerset is a 111-bed community hospital serving a population of 74,000
- With over 850 employees, UPMC-Somerset serves as a Primary Stroke Center as well as services in Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, Cardiology, Pulmonary Medicine, Pain Management, Surgical services, Urology and Women s Health.
- Part of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, PA
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Safe, small town with all the amenities and a friendly, community vibe
- Somerset Historical Center, a 150-acre countryside history museum
- Merchant Village, a 20,000 sq ft building supporting local businesses with 160 vendors
- Laurel Arts Education and Dance Center
- Jager and Friends Dog Park, Quecreek Mine Rescue Site, Glades Pike Winery
- Hit the Great Allegheny Passage, a 334 car-free trail for hikers, runners and cyclists
- Ski resorts including Laurel State Park, Seven Springs and Hidden Valley resorts
- Somerset is the ultimate 4-season, outdoor playground with abundant, picturesque state parks for skiing, snowboarding, bicycling, kayaking, hiking, boating, skeet shooting, golfing, zip lining, ATV riding and much more!
- Excellent public and private schools, colleges and universities
- Major cities close by including Pittsburgh- 1 hr, Morgantown, WV-1 hr, 20 minutes, DC-less than 3 hrs, Philadelphia-less than 4 hrs, New York City-less than 5 hrs