Job Description & Requirements
Pediatric Otolaryngologist in Illinois
The OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois (CHOI) is seeking a Pediatric Otolaryngologist to join our rapidly growing and busy practice. The Pediatric ENT program specializes in cases ranging from tubes and tonsils to complex airway management. The team participates in multi-disciplinary clinics in collaboration with Pediatric Pulmonology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatric General Surgery, Audiology, and Speech Therapy.Opportunity Highlights
About OSF Healthcare Children’s Hospital of Illinois
- Busy pediatric practice with long waitlists and a significant opportunity for growth
- Work at the major pediatric teaching affiliate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
- Extensive airway management program staffed by pediatric surgeons and pulmonary physicians
- Highly clinical position with opportunities for scholarly and clinical research interests
- Through affiliation with the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, teach medical students and residents
- Access to a world-class research and simulation center that replicates various patient care settings to ensure novice and seasoned clinicians can practice handling medical situations in a life-like environment.
- Patient population and equipment available to perform the full range of otolaryngology procedures
OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois, a hospital within a hospital (OSF HealthCare St. Francis Medical Center), is a 136 licensed pediatric bed, full-service children’s hospital with more than 145 pediatric sub-specialists in 40+ subspecialties. The OSF Children’s Hospital opened a new state-of-the-art inpatient bed tower in 2010. The OSF Children’s Hospital has 64 neonatal beds, 8 level II nursery beds, 32 pediatric critical care beds, 16 pediatric oncology beds, and 16 general pediatric beds. A swing unit allows up to 29 additional pediatric patients during peak census. OSF Children’s Hospital is the pediatric teaching affiliate of UICOMP, and it provides 24-hour in-house physician coverage with pediatric specialists and sub-specialists for immediate consultation.Community Information
Peoria, Illinois, has the energy and amenities of a metropolitan city with the stunning natural beauty and appeal of a small town. Peoria’s picturesque waterfront is a backdrop for the city’s live music and entertainment scene.
About the Company
- A very affordable cost of living 25% below the national average
- Excellent public and private schools as well as a local college of medicine
- Enjoy the vibrant nightlife, restaurants, professional ballet, symphony, and theater companies
- Endless stretches of wooded riverbanks, hiking trails, dazzling fall foliage, and brilliant spring blossoms
- Sports enthusiasts will enjoy an NCAA Division I basketball team, minor league baseball, golf courses, and hockey teams
- Visit a world-class zoo and the Peoria Civic Center, which hosts nationally recognized concerts and Broadway shows
- Ability to take day or weekend trips to Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Pediatric Otolaryngology, Otolaryngologist, Ent Physician, Ent, Ear, Nose, Throat, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md