JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
SCHEDULE: 12.5 hour shifts
HOURS: 6:30am to 7pm/ 6:30pm to 7am
Mostly Days with some evenings and weekends
White Plains Hospital, a 292 bed, leading award-winning hospital, located 25 miles north of Manhattan, in White Plains, Westchester NY, is seeking a NY licensed Medical Director for it s cardiac service line starting in August 2021.
This is a full-time physician leadership role with significant clinical responsibilities within the department of Cardiac Surgery. The Medical Director of Cardiac Surgery ICU will lead and manage cardiac surgery critical care intensivists and allied health professionals in the care of cardiac surgery patients. The physician will participate in the continuum of care for cardiac services patients from ER/OR into ICU/Step down and/or med/surg floor and discharge.
Backed by Montefiore s renowned heart program, you will learn the latest in cardiac surgery techniques while working in new, state-of-the-art ORs equipped with the latest technology available. This is an amazing opportunity to help build a world-class cardiac surgery program, right here in Westchester!
- Reports to the CMO
- Oversees a team of approximately 15 APPs, RNs and 2 Intensivists.
- Assures 24/7/365 coverage of Cardiac Surgery ICU by qualified physicians. Responsible for all provider schedules.
- Participates actively in system-wide Critical Care Peer Review.
- Develops, implement, and improve performance and service metrics as it relates to Cardiac Surgery Critical Care.
- Helps develop and manage Cardiac Surgery step down unit.
- Coordinates with Nursing Leadership as it pertains to the cardiac surgery critical care nursing staff.
- Provides oversight of advanced practice providers caring for cardiac services patients.
- Leads Cardiac Critical Care Teaching Conferences and Continuing Medical Education.
- Maintains all pertinent accreditations and designations.
- Is responsible for 100% compliance with CMS, HIPPA, DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA, and other regulatory or accrediting guidelines as they pertain to the practice of critical care.
- Model collaboration, stability, and patience with all staff, patients, and visitors.
- In conjunction with the Hospital Administrative and Medical Leadership, regularly evaluates the financial performance and productivity of the program as it relates to volume, billing and collection of provider services, quality and patient satisfaction.
- Assists in the development of budget and financial metric targets and ensures the achievement of those targets.
- Maintains clinical practice: Provides medical and surgical critical care needed of the cardiac services patient. Institutes immediate and appropriate intervention in life or disability-threatening emergencies.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Magnet Designated Nurses and extremely supportive and dedicated professionals
- Phenomenal work environment and growth opportunities
- Exceptional Leadership
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision and 401(k)
- CME and Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Part of the Montefiore Health System
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE INTENSIVIST DIRECTOR CARDIAC SERVICES
- Medical Degree (MD or DO) with Residency in Critical Care Medicine or other relevant specialty
- Valid NYS Medical License.
- Valid ACLS Certification.
- Compliance with CME Requirements (Hospital, Regional, State, and Federal)
- Board Certified
- A minimum of 3 years experience in CT. Leadership experince is preferred though not required.
WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Great Place to Work -2020
- Magnet Recognized 2012 and 2016
- AACN Beacon Award of Excellence for Critical Care - 2014 &2017
- U. S. News & World Report - Best Regional Hospital -2020
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award 2020
- Women s Choice Award - America s Best Hospitals for Patient Experience
- Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals
- Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval
- AHA Designation as a primary stroke center
ABOUT WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL
White Plains Hospital (WPH), a proud member of the Montefiore Health System, is a 292-bed not-for-profit health care organization located less than 25 miles from Manhattan, NY.
As we grow and expand our services, we are searching for candidates who value and exemplify teamwork and a commitment to customer service, quality and excellence. If yes - come grow with us and be a part of what is exceptional, every day!
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a CV to Sharon O. Alfonso
White Plains Hospital is an equal opportunity employer