Job Description & Requirements
Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist in Virginia
Children’s Specialty Group, a physician-led and academic-affiliated private practice, is seeking a board-certified or board-eligible child and adolescent psychiatrist to join its team in Norfolk, Virginia. We welcome interest from child psychiatrists, including those with pediatrics or triple board training. This is an incredible opportunity to work at a new, first-of-its-kind facility dedicated to children’s mental health that will transform healthcare for children statewide.
We currently have opportunities for Medical Director of Consult Liaison, Medical Director for Psych-Med, Medical Director for Crisis Stabilization and Emergency Psychiatry, and Medical Director for Partial Hospitalization.Opportunity Highlights
Potential for partnership
- Join a multi-disciplinary team of more than 200 physicians and 76 advanced care providers delivering family-centered care for the community and within Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters.
- Inpatient hospitalist and outpatient model schedules that promote a wonderful quality of life
- Family-centered, multidisciplinary programs in a brand new, standalone mental health facility slated to open in 2022
- Faculty appointment at Eastern Virginia Medical School with academic opportunities including training medical students, residents, and fellows
- Competitive salary and benefits + potential partnership track
- Relocation assistance and sign-on bonus
Norfolk is located in southeastern coastal Virginia in a vibrant community of 1.7 million residents across nine cities and five counties.Community Highlights
- This region is conveniently located just 200 miles south of Washington, D.C., and 90 miles southeast of Richmond, the state capital
- Excellent cost of living with a wide variety of places to live including waterfront property, rural land, downtown lofts, colonial-inspired townhomes, and many choices in between
- Enjoy a plethora of outdoor activities afforded by 144 miles of shoreline
- Indulge in a world-class culinary scene starring fresh seafood, Spanish tapas, and southern-fried chicken and biscuits
- Explore countless recreational options, including golf, local wineries and breweries, museums, zoos, gardens, and performing art venues
Board Eligible or Board Certified in Child and Adolescent PsychiatryPreferred Qualifications
Triple BoardedAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Child And Adolescent, Child, Adolescent, Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor