Job Description & Requirements
Neurosurgeon in Mississippi
An award-winning medical center dedicated to providing the best patient-centered and family-centered care possible is seeking a board-certified or board-eligible neurosurgeon for a hospital-employed opportunity. This position offers the opportunity to be an integral part of an established and collegial practice in a beautiful Southeast community.Opportunity Highlights
- Practice alongside a team of highly skilled neurosurgeons + 5 advanced practice providers
- APPs on call to support hospital census, ED consults, and urgent surgical needs
- The incoming candidate will step into an established practice and can be busy from Day 1
- The practice provides a mix of traditional neurosurgical cases—heavier slant toward the spine, especially complex spine (80% spine + 20% cranial)
- Work closely with pain management physicians, interventional radiologists, physiatrists, physical therapists, surgeons, and neurologists
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment, including O-arm + stealth station
- No local competition
- Highly competitive compensation package
- The hospital serves 730,000+ individuals in 24 counties in north Mississippi, northwest Alabama, and portions of Tennessee
A charming and welcoming community, this Southern city is the perfect place to call home. With access to a variety of family-friendly activities throughout the year, boutique shops and restaurants in the historic downtown area, and remarkable national parks, you’ll never run out of things to do.
- Safe neighborhoods + a low cost of living—a great place to raise a family
- Excellent public and private schools that are well-known throughout the region
- An abundance of outdoor recreation, including water sports, fishing, and golfing on pristine courses
- Convenient access to Memphis, Tennessee
- Candidates must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Mississippi and must be board-eligible or certified in Neurological Surgery.
- Medical degree required
#LI-MHAAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Neurosurgeon, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Brain, Nervous System, Brain Surgery, Brain Surgeon, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md, Surgeon