As Director of Liver Transplant Anesthesiology, the successful candidate will be expected to:
• Collaborate with the institution leadership to re-establish a liver transplant program at UC Davis
• Establish policy & procedures, clinical pathways for these patients
• Lead a team of qualified anesthesiologists to provide care for liver transplant patients, including 24/7 call coverage
• Develop educational curriculum for trainees
• Provide care outside of liver transplant for adult patients undergoing a wide variety of procedures
• Participate in scheduled and emergency patient care
In addition to clinical care, teaching and service, Health Sciences Clinical Professor series faculty engage in scholarly or creative activities which derive from and support their primary responsibilities in clinical teaching, professional and service activities, while Clinical X series faculty should have involvement in administrative supported efforts and/or funded research program and a publication list.
Rank and Salary are commensurate with experience. Additional inquiries may be directed to Ruben Jimenez at 916-734-7985 or Kristin Britton-Isaacson at 916-734-5113. The University of California, Davis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
For full position description and to apply, https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF04789.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
• MD/DO, California Medical License by date of hire
• Graduation from an ACGME approved residency program and ABA board certification or eligibility, or equivalent foreign qualification
• Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine, Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology or Transplant Anesthesiology
• Ability to meet United Network for Organ Sharing recommendations for Director of Liver Transplant Anesthesia including experience in perioperative care of at least 20 liver transplant patients in the last 5 years
• Ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment.
• Experience in teaching medical students and/or residents and fellows (preferred but not mandatory)