HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, in conjunction with the University Of Central Florida College Of Medicine (UCF COM), is seeking an Internal Medicine Program Director for their future Internal Medicine Residency Program.Qualified Candidates:
- Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of faculty experience in an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Have at least 3 years of GME administrative experience prior to appointment
- Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities
- Have strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
About HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital:
- Competitive compensation
- Great comprehensive and flexible benefits program
- PTO and CME time / allowance
- Occurrence-based malpractice
- Strong support system
- 267-bed, HCA Healthcare hospital and Level II Trauma Center
- Expansion underway adding an additional 40 beds
- Pursuing certification as the region’s only Level I Trauma Center
- Currently hosting 3rd and 4th year D.O. students (Auburn University) with plans to engage in GME offerings in 2021
- Named among the top 10% in the nation by Healthgrades for cardiac surgery, joint replacement, and patient safety
- Listed as 4th highest in the nation for infection prevention by Consumer Reports
- Area’s only accredited Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center and cardiac program offering open heart surgery, Watchman, and TAVR
- Reputable and stable - HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare and is comprised of more than 180 hospitals and 1,800 sites of care in 21 states and the U.K.
The Greater Fort Walton Beach area is known for being a family friendly, southern town and is located between Pensacola and Panama City, along Florida’s panhandle known as the Emerald Coast. The Emerald Coast has some of the most beautiful, white sand beaches in the world. The popular family vacation destination of Destin is only a few miles away and offers world-class fishing, golf courses, shopping, restaurants, and of course, more white sand beaches. The Fort Walton Beach area is an ideal place to raise a family, boasting exceptional public schools consistently ranking among the top school districts in the state. In addition, the area offers a variety of fine arts including the symphony and ballet, and recreational activities to include boating, fishing and watersports.