Internal Medicine Program Director Opportunity in Tallahassee, Florida
- HCA Healthcare
- Tallahassee, Florida
- Closing date
- Mar 17, 2023
- Internal Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
Job Summary:HCA Florida Capital Hospital in Tallahassee, Florida, in conjunction with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine (UCF COM), is seeking an Internal Medicine Program Director for their future Internal Medicine Residency Program.
- Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of faculty experience in an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Have at least 3 years of GME administrative experience prior to appointment
- Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities
- Have strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the program in their vision and recruit their own core faculty.
- Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
- The incoming physician will receive a faculty appointment through UCF COM.
- Competitive compensation
- Great comprehensive and flexible benefits program
- PTO and CME time / allowance
- Occurrence-based malpractice
- Strong support system
- HCA Healthcare has over 270+ residency and fellowship programs across the country
- HCA Capital Hospital successfully launched Graduate Medical Education in 2022 with Psychiatry and Dermatology. They have plans to grow additional residency and potential fellowship programs.
- The internal medicine program is approved for 36 residents and looking to start its first class of 12 in 2024.
- 288-bed, full service acute-care hospital providing 24/7 Emergency Services as well as additional services like their Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/ PCI, Orthopedic / Spine Center and Heart and Vascular Center
- Three Freestanding Emergency Departments servicing the Tallahassee area and surrounding communities.
- Named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery
- Growing Graduate Medical Education residency programs in collaboration with University of Central Florida
- $23M 26-bed Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
- 10-bed, Level II NICU
- More than 1400 employees and 500 providers
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert