OCHSNER HEALTH BATON ROUGE DEPARTMENT OF ONCOLOGY
Ochsner Cancer Institute is seeking a Board-Certified/Board-Eligible SURGICAL ONCOLOGIST to join its expanding multidisciplinary surgical group practice, serving the cancer needs of patients in the Greater Baton Rouge area. In partnership with the Ochsner New Orleans Surgical Oncology Department, the successful candidate will develop a new program at Ochsner Cancer Center Baton Rouge which features state-of-the-art, innovative treatment options in cancer care. Physician will benefit from an integrated practice model and built-in referral network offering a broad range of general to complex cases. Surgeries are performed at Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge and Ochsner Medical Complex - The Grove Surgery Center with set OR schedules and Da Vinci robot available at both locations. Complex cases will be performed at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans. Potential leadership, research, and teaching opportunities are available. Ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative work environment in a community practice setting committed to excellence in patient care and is eager to build upon a growing oncology program within the Baton Rouge region.
The Ochsner Cancer Institute is a multi-site program leading cancer care across Louisiana and the Gulf South. The Baton Rouge Cancer Center is a growing, integrated enterprise across 3 sites, featuring multidisciplinary clinics with surgical subspecialists, radiation oncology, integrative and supportive services. The Baton Rouge practice is further enhanced by access to the Ochsner Cancer Institute clinical research portfolio, including the region s only Phase 1 program, plus a number of innovative digital programs. The Comprehensive Cancer Center in Baton Rouge is currently undergoing a multi-million dollar expansion to support the rapid growth of the programs in this region, and over $100 million has been invested in the Ochsner Cancer Institute over the past 3 years. These are exciting times for the future of cancer care in Louisiana come join our team!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Louisiana is a tort-reform state
WHY CHOOSE OCHSNER HEALTH:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network, and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership, and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence and Teamwork.
For more information or to apply CLICK HERE
ABOUT OCHSNER HEALTH BATON ROUGE:
Ochsner Health Baton Rouge is a part of Ochsner Health, a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness.
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, a full-service, 150-bed facility, Ochsner Cancer Center Baton Rouge and 13 Ochsner Health Centers across Tangipahoa, Livingston, East Baton Rouge, Ascension and Iberville Parishes. Nearly 2,000 employees serve our patients in the Greater Baton Rouge area, including more than 180 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers whose collective dedication to patient care is recognized for quality excellence by Becker s Hospital Review, Healthgrades, Truven Health Analytics and Leapfrog.
CALLING BATON ROUGE HOME:
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana s vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it one of the most populous cities in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, 2 major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone!
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.