Family Medicine with OB
Core Faculty Residency Opportunity to join University of Kansas School of Medicine – Wichita (KUSM-Wichita Family Medicine Program at Wesley Medical Center Qualified Candidates:
- BE/BC family medicine with ACGME accredited residency
- With or without OB, but OB is preferred
- J1 and cap-exempt H1-B visa holders welcomed
About the Wesley Family Medicine Residency Program/Wesley Medical Center
- Excellent first year base salary plus Productivity Component
- Employed by HCA Healthcare's Physician Services Group
- Comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits allowing customization to meet your family’s needs
- Relocation and immigration legal expense assistance
- Entering its 53rd year, the Wesley family medicine residency is one of the oldest and most respected programs in the country.
- Residency founder G. Gayle Stephens MD developed the core tenets of family medicine education—including integration of behavioral health--that became the blueprint for the original family medicine ACGME accreditation requirements.
- Procedure-heavy curriculum with faculty teaching colonoscopy, colposcopy, and stress treadmills.
- The program remains one of the most competitive in the country with outstanding residents and faculty, recognized for its clinical education.
- Strong local and statewide support for family medicine in Kansas with an active state academy and family physician leaders throughout the state.
- Relationships with subspecialty colleagues are excellent.
- Robust faculty development and scholarship opportunities.
- Recruitment is supported by Wesley Medical Center, a 712-bed, 102-bassinet level 1 trauma center drawing from 2/3rds of Kansas and parts of contiguous states.
- Wesley is part of HCA Healthcare’s Continental Division, again recently named to the IBM Watson Health 15 Top Health Systems list.
- Wesley is one of 185 HCA Healthcare hospitals in 20 states and the UK
Wichita is Kansas’ largest city, home to 600K+ in the greater metro area. The average single family home cost is 30% below the national median, cost of living 10+% percent below the national average. Wichita offers a superb range of private and parochial schools and colleges. Professionals on the Wesley Medical Center campus are just 14 minutes from their beautiful new regional airport with five major airlines.