Texas Transplant Physician Group is searching for a multi-organ surgeon to serve as our liver transplant surgical director in San Antonio, TX.Qualified Candidates:
- Candidates must be ABS board certified and have completed an ASTS accredited fellowship (accreditation of the fellowship in liver transplantation is mandatory)
- Must be eligible for an unrestricted Texas medical license
- 5-15 years of demonstrated experience required in liver transplantation with strong interest in clinical liver transplantation
- Desire to work in a consensus model of very experienced group of hepatologists and transplant surgeons with low resident participation
- The ability to independently perform deceased donor liver and kidney transplantation is required
- Searching for an outstanding, highly motivated multi-organ surgeon
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with split liver transplants, DCD liver transplants and who may satisfy the UNOS requirements for live donor liver surgeon
- Successful candidates will have experience and a passion for leadership, program building and working in a multidisciplinary approach with colleagues in numerous specialties
About Methodist Hospital – Specialty & Transplant Liver Disease and Transplant Program:
- Employed opportunity
- Sign-on bonus
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package that includes health and dental coverage and CME
- Relocation assistance
- Paid malpractice
- Enjoy a collaborative environment with a group of 5 transplant physicians, 3 transplant hepatologists, and a team of transplant nephrologists and APPs
About Methodist Hospital Specialty & Transplant Kidney program:
- The Liver Disease and Transplant Program at Texas Transplant Institute, on the campus of Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, is nationally recognized for its successful outcomes
- Consistently ranked Best in Texas for survival rates greater than 95% for one-year and three-year survival
- Since the program’s founding in 2001, the expert medical staff have completed over 700+ liver transplants
- On a percentage basis, we have transplanted more medically urgent patients than any other transplant program in Texas
- The kidney transplant program at Texas Transplant Institute, on the campus of Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, is the 4th largest kidney transplant program in the U.S. and cares for more than 3,000 patients throughout Texas.
- The kidney transplant program is the largest living donor transplant program in the U.S.
- The kidney transplant program is the largest single center paired donor program in the U.S.
- The kidney transplant program is the largest Hispanic transplant program in the U.S.
San Antonio is home to 2.5 million people and is experiencing solid economic growth in industries such as bioscience and healthcare, aerospace, IT and cybersecurity and green technologies. San Antonio's MSA is expected to add up to 1.1 million new residents and 500,000 new jobs by 2040. This growing city offers big-city amenities and world-renowned attractions coupled with a relaxed and inviting atmosphere for all ages. San Antonio residents also enjoy a cost of living slightly below the national average due to lower housing costs, as well as no state income tax.