Tufts Medical Center is seeking a Gynecologic Oncologist to join our expanding team of collaborative physicians.
We encourage you to learn more about our opportunity below if you’re a highly motivated physician who enjoys working in a team-based environment.
Why join our team:
The Tufts Gynecologic Oncology program includes 3 current faculty who are dedicated to patient care, advancing the field and educating the next generation. We have a growing practice with a full complement of support staff including a nurse practitioner and nurse navigator to provide exceptional, patient-centered care. The team is actively enrolling in numerous collaborative group clinical trials and conducting other outcomes research to advance the field.
Tufts Medical Center is the tertiary center for the Wellforce Health System which also includes MelroseWakefield Healthcare and Circle Health (Lowell General Hospital). The position will be primarily based at Tufts Medical Center, but each faculty member will spend significant time with our community partners. There is enormous potential to grow our program and partner with other Cancer Center leaders.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Wellforce Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
How you’ll transform patient care:
- You’ll split your time between academia at Tufts Medical Center and community-based care outside of Boston
- You’ll join a well-established group with support from nurse practitioners and clinical nurse navigators
- You’ll provide comprehensive cancer care to our multicultural, population.
- You’ll join a balanced practice including advanced robotic and laparoscopic surgery, multiple NRG Oncology/GOG Foundation clinical trials, and be the primary providers for all gynecologic cancer patients needing chemotherapy
- You’ll be provided with an existing patient base
- You’ll develop longitudinal relationships with your patients
- You’ll have the opportunity to perform robotic and minimally invasive gynecological surgery
- You’ll be a valuable member of the care team alongside physician colleagues and Nurse Practitioners
- You’ll join and contribute to a work environment that is flexible and in-tune with the desires of a modern workforce that values work/life balance
- You’ll embrace one of our most fundamental values of active engagement within our communities, bringing the strength of academic and community care
Who you are:
- Board certified or board eligible in OB/GYN and Gynecologic Oncology
- Excellent clinical and surgical skills
- Interest in working with a diverse patient population
- In pursuit of an academic career and interested in resident and student teaching, entering at either an Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
- Entrepreneurial spirit to drive growth of the community practice
- Passion for delivering high quality obstetric, gynecological, and oncologic care
- A team player who is excited to work cooperatively with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines to champion world class patient satisfaction and support
- Eligible for or current medical license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
COVID-19 Policy: To protect patients, physicians, staff, visitors, and the community from the COVID-19 infection, vaccination for COVID-19 is mandatory for employment unless an exemption is granted for medical or religious reasons.
Work, Live, and Grow: We strive to maintain an inclusive work environment for all our employees. We offer a competitive salary with competitive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, and more.
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Location: Tufts Medical Center in downtown Boston and one community-based site in Boston’s southern suburbs
How to apply: You can submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing. Please be sure to include a confidential CV and cover letter with your application.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Anny Hamshaw, Senior Provider Recruiter at Anny.Hamshaw@wellforce.org.
Why Wellforce: At Wellforce, we bring together exceptional, value-driven providers who are setting a new standard for health care in Massachusetts. Our distributed academic model and highly inclusive culture promotes an evolving health system while providing frictionless care to our patients. Simply stated, Wellforce takes pride in providing the tools and technology it takes for our care teams to provide an unmatched experience.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.