Job Description & Requirements
Academic Neuromuscular Medicine Neurologist - in New Mexico
StartDate: 11/07/2022Available Shifts: Full time
A well-established university in a beautiful mountainside location is seeking a neuromuscular medicine neurologist to join its growing Department of Neurology. This is a wonderful opportunity for incoming physicians to work within a department that plays a critical role in the health of the entire state.
- Ideal candidates will be fellowship-trained in neuromuscular medicine and participate in the clinical activities within the neurology program, including rounding on the inpatient and outpatient clinics, teaching ward services, and consultation services.
- We desire candidates with excellent communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary setting, and experience teaching house staff and medical students.
- Leadership and research opportunities are available for interested and qualified candidates.
- Work within the Clinical Neurosciences Center with an ALS Center of Excellence, MDA Center of Excellence, EMG lab, and Ultrasound lab using state-of-the-art technology to diagnose, manage and care for patients.
Located in a vibrant city in New Mexico, our inviting community is filled with a diverse culture and distinctive traditions. With consistent sunshine throughout the year, accompanied by painted skies and gorgeous mountain views serving as your everyday backdrop, you’ll find yourself basking in an incomparable quality of life.
- Enjoy a cost of living lower than the national average
- Some of the top public and private schools in the state
- Endless opportunities for outdoor activities, including skiing, hot air ballooning, golfing, hiking, rock climbing, and biking
- An incredible arts scene as well as an array of local shopping and dining options
About the Company
New Mexico is home to 5 national forests, 20 national parks and monuments, and 35 state parks
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Neurologist, Neuromuscular, Neurology, Brain, Nervous System, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md