Job Description & Requirements
Academic Geriatric Psychiatry in Texas
StartDate: ASAP Pay Rate: $210000.00 - 230000.00
The Department of Psychiatry at Texas Tech University Health Science Center El Paso is seeking board-certified or board-eligible psychiatrist focused in geriatric, child and adolescent, or substance abuse. The role will consist largely of supervision of residents and fellows in different clinical and learning settings. There will be a portion dedicated to telepsychiatry consultation with pediatricians, primary care providers, and APPs.
The incoming faculty will also oversee residents and fellows providing telepsychiatry services in an outpatient setting at general and specialty clinics throughout El Paso. Additionally, they will spend time supervising the consultation service at El Paso Children’s Hospital (if Child and Adolescent focused)Opportunity Highlights
- Focus on teaching medical students, residents, and fellows
- Immediate leadership opportunities are available based on experience, qualifications, and interest
- Flexibility in time spent in consultations, telepsychiatry, outpatient rotations and clinics, and supervision—based upon your interests-no individual clinical work or production required
- Ability to participate in academic research and scholarly activities with protected time-as desired
This is a unique opportunity to treat a highly diverse patient population in the Paso Del Norte “Gateway to the North” Region that offers a vibrant multicultural environment. Spanish-speaking candidates encouraged to apply as this is a diverse community.
As the largest international metroplex in the world, El Paso is a highly diverse and culturally rich city set at the tip of the Rocky Mountains. A seamless blend of cultures from the Old West, Mexico, and Native American heritage make El Paso a wonderful and unique place to call home.Community Highlights
- A low cost of living and nearly 300 days of sunshine per year
- Exceptional public and private schools as well as higher education institutions
- Access to beautiful golf courses and state parks
- A short drive to the mountains for incredible hiking, skiing, and white water rafting
- Local international airport
#LI-MHAAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Geriatrics, Geriatric Medicine, Geropsychiatry, Psychogeriatrics, Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor