RADIATION ONCOLOGY POSITION:
Ochsner LSU Health System and Louisiana State University Health Science Center- Shreveport seek applicants for a Radiation Oncologist position. Must be board certified/ board eligible in Radiation Oncology and eligible for active Louisiana Medical Licensure. Graduating Radiation Oncology fellows are welcomed to apply. This position is for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology. The applicant should be competent with HDR brachytherapy, SBRT, IMRT, and 4D radiation techniques. Gamma Knife experience is preferred but not required. The successful candidate will also need to have a strong commitment to an active teaching program, participation in research and scholarly activities, and clinical experience. The applicant will work under the leadership of Dr. Troy Richards, MD, the Medical Director of radiation oncology at Ochsner LSU Health System (OLHS) North Louisiana.
The radiation oncology program of the Radiation Therapy Center (RTC) at OLHS focuses on what is best for cancer patients. In order to fulfill its goal of providing excellent patient care, state-of-the-art technology is available for the individualized treatment of patients. The RTC is equipped with:
- Elekta (dual photon energy and several electron beam energies) Linear Accelerator with 80-leaf MLCs;
- Varian GammaMed High-Dose Rate (HDR) portable radiation unit
- Gamma Knife Perfexion
- Phillips Pinnacle treatment planning system;
- AcqSim computed tomography simulator;
- Mosaiq oncology information system
Highlights of the Position:
- Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans