Aspirus Heart Care is seeking a BC/BE Electrophysiologist to join our team in Wausau, Wisconsin
Very competitive salary, plus an excellent benefit package including up to $50,000 signing bonus, up to $15,000 relocation allowance, and up to $200,000 loan repayment, as well as generous time off and CME allowances.
- The EP physician will be joining an established and comprehensive program with three EP physician partners
- Support from 3 EP trained NP/PAs for clinic follow-ups and hospital consults/rounding
- Advanced cardiac program with more than 200 STEMI/year, 100 TAVR/year, 450 open-heart surgeries/year, 1100 EP cases/year, and over 3,000 patients in our independent device clinic
- 2 EP mapping labs with RF, cryo & laser ablation as well as Impella support
- 1 of 7 sites in the country for FDA DEEP trial using a combined EP and surgical approach to persistent and long standing persistent atrial fibrillation
- Collaborative lead extraction program
- Part of large cardiology group integrated with the Health System
- Service area of more than 770,000 lives and over 70,000 cardiology patient visits per year
- No competing groups or providers at any of the Health System hospitals
- General cardiology call is 1 in 10 weekday nights with hospitalist support for afterhours admissions and transfers
- Pacemaker call is 1 in 5 weekends, only until 5 PM. No general call on weekends.
- Cardiovascular Executive Committee meets monthly and integrates physician leaders with senior system executives, offering great support for CV initiatives
- Option to participate in cutting-edge clinical research programs
- Teaching opportunities and faculty appointments through Medical School on-site (Medical College of Wisconsin) and University of Wisconsin Family Medicine Residency Program
- Outstanding outdoor opportunities minutes away, including downhill and cross-country skiing, mountain bike trails, hiking, fishing, snowshoeing and world-class whitewater kayaking & curling
- Live in a small urban setting or in the countryside, both within 10 minutes of the hospital and office
- Exceptional work/life balance with very generous time off
Aspirus Heart Care
Aspirus Heart Care is a large, single specialty cardiology group covering central and northern Wisconsin, as well as the upper peninsula of Michigan. For 30 years, the group has consistently provided state-of-the-art, patient focused cardiovascular services for the region.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the only hospital in the United States that has been selected as a Watson Health Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital for 7 consecutive years in a row!
- Using the latest diagnostic and surgical innovations, Aspirus Heart & Vascular provides complete cardiovascular care, including:
- Atrial Fibrillation (A-Fib) and Heart Rhythm Treatment
- Heart Valve Disease
- Chronic Total Occlusion Treatment
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Beating-heart surgery
- Cardiac Rehab
- Aspirus Research Institute - Clinical Research
- Vascular Surgery
Aspirus Health is a non-profit, community-directed health system comprised of 17 hospitals, more than 70 clinics, home health and hospice care, pharmacies, critical care and air-medical transport, medical goods, and nursing homes that span over 25,000 square miles throughout Central Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We are dedicated to providing medical excellence in our communities by focusing on improving the health and well-being of the people that live here.