Job Description & Requirements
Family Medicine Physician in Texas
An academically affiliated community health center is seeking qualified candidates for direct patient care positions throughout the Houston, Texas area. These positions are full-time, outpatient clinical roles which will include the clinical supervision of medical students. The selected candidate will contribute to the department's mission to provide health care to an urban underserved population and train the next generation of physicians. Prior academic experience is not required. Candidates should be board-certified in Family Medicine and eligible for an unrestricted medical license in Texas.Opportunity Highlights
- 100% outpatient, no nights or weekends
- Care for a rewarding, underserved patient population
- Faculty appointment with a leading medical school
- No research/publication requirements
- Employed through an academic health system
- Competitive compensation package with productivity incentives
- Academic benefits: ample paid time off plus great retirement and pension plan options
- Candidates of all experience levels and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
2021 list as the #1 "Most Diverse Cities in America" and recognized by Time Magazine
as one of "The World’s 100 Greatest Places of 2021,” Houston, Texas and the surrounding suburbs are consistently a top relocation destination.
- Low cost of living - No state income tax
- Great neighborhoods and excellent school systems
- Plenty of outdoor recreation, including waterfront activities along the Gulf Coast
- An array of amenities, including an international airport, collegiate and professional sports, and more
- Prior academic experience is not required
- Candidates should be board-certified in Family Medicine and eligible for an unrestricted medical license in Texas
- Medical degree required
#LI-MHAAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Family Practice Physician, Family Practice Md, Family Practice, Family Doctor, Primary Care, Fp, Fm, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md, family-practice-medicine, family practice, family medicine