The UNC Health brand was ranked as the #4 healthcare brand in the United States overall and the #2 most trusted healthcare brand. Join our One-Great-Team!
Onslow Memorial Hospital, located in coastal North Carolina, seeks an Intensivist Physician for our 12- bed ICU, 7 on/7off 7am-7pm. The ICU will be staffed with four providers, including two physicians and two NPs who cover nights.
- Education: MD or DO, Accredited Fellowship in Pulmonary or Critical Care Medicine
- Experience: >3 years experience as an attending in an ICU preferred
- Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations: Licensed MD or DO in NC or ability to obtain; ACLS, Critical Care Boards or Board eligible (must pass within one year of employment)
- Must meet criteria for medical staff credentials at Onslow Memorial Hospital
- Competitive signing bonus, clinical and incentive compensation
- Generous benefits plan including relocation, CME allowance, health & life insurance, retirement and malpractice insurance
Jacksonville is located in eastern North Carolina on the banks of the New River, just a stone's throw away from the Atlantic Ocean. Jacksonville is the 14th largest city in North Carolina and the seat of Onslow County. It's also one of the youngest cities in the country, thanks to the large military presence at Camp Lejeune, the U.S. Marine Corps base and training facility. Jacksonville residents are active and take full advantage of the area's many attractions, events, amenities, beach days at North Carolina's Outer Banks, and Crystal Coast, and exploring the nearby Croatan National Forest. With an affordable cost of living, temperate climate, good schools, and a diverse citizenry, and it's easy to see why 92,000 people call Jacksonville home.
With approximately 1,100 employees and over 150 medical providers on staff, Onslow Memorial Hospital is a 162-bed acute care hospital located in Jacksonville, NC and proudly serves the Onslow County area. Onslow Memorial Hospital has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval and Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers in addition to being accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Onslow Memorial Hospital and UNC Health Care entered into a management agreement in 2019. UNC Health is an award-winning, not-for-profit integrated health care system committed to delivering state-of-the-art health care and outstanding service to patients. North Carolina's largest academic health system, we proactively focus on healthy-based, personalized care while we change the course of people's lives. Headquartered in Chapel Hill and affiliated with the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, UNC Health is composed of 12 hospitals and hundreds of clinic locations from Hendersonville to Jacksonville.
Recruiter: Cindy Leonard