General Neurologist Needed!
Penn State Health Lancaster Medical Center is seeking a General Neurologist for our brand new state of the art Lancaster Medical Center. The new facility located in Lancaster, PA. Make your mark on this new facility set to open summer 2022.
Join our Neurology team now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, please apply here and send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neurologists with clinical expertise in General Neurology are invited to apply for an open position at Penn State Health Lancaster Medical Center
- This search represents part of a major institutional commitment to expansion of the neurosciences
- The selected candidate will flourish in a supportive work life balance environment. Leadership opportunities are available to those with relevant experience.
AS A MEMBER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF NEUROLOGY YOU WILL BE ASSOCIATED WITH:
- An outstanding program with a national reputation
- A highly collaborative culture
- Cutting-edge basic and clinical neuroscience research and top-notch facilities at both Lancaster and Hershey campuses
- Interaction with dynamic clinicians across all neuroscience-related departments and participation in innovative educational approaches
What we’re seeking:
- We are seeking someone trained in General Neurology
- MD, D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign on bonus and Relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Lancaster Medical Center will enhance an already vibrant network of primary and specialty care providers across Lancaster County, including practice sites of the former Physicians’ Alliance LTD that joined Penn State Health in 2017 and the Lime Spring Outpatient Center that opened in East Hempfield Township in January 2019. Expanding this footprint will help ensure residents of these communities have access, quality and choice of care as close to home as possible.
The Lancaster Medical Center hospital also will create new clinical and research opportunities for learners and investigators at Penn State College of Medicine, as well as hundreds of well-paying jobs, both during construction and after the hospital opens.
The new hospital will feature all private inpatient beds, an emergency department, physician offices, various specialty inpatient services, an imaging lab and complete medical and surgical capabilities.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,500 people system wide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children’s Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; and more than 2,300 physicians and direct care providers at more than 125 medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University’s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than$100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position’s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.