Job Description & Requirements
Behavioral Neurologist - in Michigan
One of the nation’s leading providers, the Henry Ford Medical Group’s Department of Neurology is seeking a board-certified neurologist to oversee and improve its clinical and research programs in behavioral neurology, aging, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease. The ideal candidate will have fellowship training in behavioral neurology and a proven track record of successful, high-impact-funded clinical research. The Division of Behavioral Neurology consists of three fellowship-trained neurology and geriatric psychiatry physicians, an advanced practice provider, a social worker, a psychometrist, and nursing and administrative support.Opportunity Highlights
- Leadership opportunity
- Time for direct patient care and educational endeavors, including teaching medical students, neurology residents, and behavioral neurology fellows.
- Tenure-track academic appointment offered through Wayne State University School of Medicine, at the Associate or Full Professor level
- Busy and active clinical trials unit
- Conduct population-based epidemiological studies and clinical trials in behavioral neurology
- Collaborate with the NIH-Funded Henry Ford Precision Medicine Initiative Cohort Program
- Work with a 10-person interdisciplinary Memory Clinic Team at Henry Ford Hospital to establish a new Center for Cognitive Health
The Detroit, MI, metro is a sought-after and affordable major Midwest location. You’ll find plenty of diversity, desirable downtown and suburban living, and a world-famous music scene.
About the Company
- Home to 17 Fortune 500 companies and 11 Fortune 1,000 companies
- NCAA Division I sports, professional football, baseball, basketball, and hockey
- Enjoy endless activities in cosmopolitan downtown Detroit: up-and-coming restaurants, hotels, scenic parks, and walkable international riverfront
- The city’s Greektown, Eastern Market, District Detroit, Corktown, and Midtown neighborhoods are easily accessible with public transit and bike lanes
- Many options for urban, downtown living or beautiful, family-friendly communities for any type of lifestyle
- Excellent public and private school options as well as several top-notch universities
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Neurologist, Neuropsychiatry, Neurology, Brain, Nervous System, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md