Join A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team The Hospital
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
Northwest Community Hospital is a 496-bed acute care hospital located in Arlington Heights, Illinois. The hospital was awarded the American Nurses Credentialing Center four-year designation for Magnet status for exemplary patient outcomes and satisfaction. Northwest Community Hospital is also designated as a Primary Stroke Center and 2021 Healthgrades award winner for patient safety excellence and recognized as one of America s 100 Best Hospitals. The hospital has earned numerous awards for its care and dedication to its community including Magnet Designation for nursing excellence as well as the Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
- Established team with 5 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- 36-bed ICU (medical/surgical/neuro)
- No call environment
- Block shift schedule 4-5 day blocks average of 13/14 shifts per month
- Access SoundInstitute learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- Eligible to work in the United States; not a J1 visa qualified area
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location and Lifestyle
Arlington Heights is a welcoming suburban community with a small-town feel, offering accessibility to Chicago and other major cities. More than 76,000 people call Arlington Heights home with its excellent educational and recreational opportunities. Enjoy the perks of Chicago living with the space and comfort of a village lifestyle.
Metra s Union Pacific/Northwest Line provides daily rail service to downtown
Arlington Park Race Track, home of the Arlington Million, a Breeder s Cup event
Suburban living with easy access to downtown Chicago