Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Provides evidence-based care for members via virtual platforms
- Provides appropriate advice for members
- Responds to e-visits in the time frame set by the department
- Responsible for staying updated on all departmental and organizational policies/procedures
- Attends training and CME sponsored by department
- Proactively stays up to date on evidence-based medicine
- Effectively communicates with team members and lead
- Maintains above average documentation and coding practices
- Provides medical advice and triage recommendations/dispositions to the advice nurses (FTE providers only)
- Assists with new member prescription onboarding (FTE providers only)
- Models the behaviors of the "Permanente Clinician" to other team members
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
- Access to protected health information (PHI) will be limited to the minimum necessary required to effectively perform your job.
- Medical Degree
- Board Certification
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated sound clinical knowledge and judgement
- Demonstrated collaborative/team-oriented work style
- Ability to use virtual care platforms
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications
- Experience as an outpatient adult medicine provider.
- Experience in virtual care
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
- Current Unrestricted Licensure in the State of Georgia
Disclaimer, Compliance and Service Language-
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente s Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente s policies and procedures.
Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in accordance to the Principles of Responsibility; adheres to organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments.
All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
All Clinicians will Adhere to the Values of The Permanente Person
- Dedication to Care of the Highest Quality
- Dedication to Service of the Highest Quality
- Integrity in Action
- Accountability for Performance
- Commitment to Affordability of Care
- Dedication to Success of the Team