Women’s Health of Central Virginia is growing and we want you to join our team. We are looking for an OB/GYN Physician to join our growing group of women’s health providers in Lynchburg, VA. Our ideal candidate is calm and reassuring, competent in a full array of women’s health needs and able to work in a fast paced environment that is ever changing to meet the needs of the community.
With 11 physicians, 2 nurse practitioners, and 1 certified midwife, Women’s Health of Central Virginia has the support you need to begin a great career in a thriving community of medical professionals. Our physicians enjoy a 12 hr shift call schedule which allows for a well-balanced life. We work out of only one office and one hospital and do not have to deal with rushed transportation between locations. We are supported by a level 3 NICU, 24/7 in house anesthesia services, excellent ICU care and a collaborative hospital partner.
Benefits include full-time employment, competitive salary based on experience, insurance coverage, student loan repayment, moving expense coverage, signing bonus and much more.
Lynchburg, Virginia is located 2 hours west of Richmond, 3 hours south of Washington D.C. and is in close proximity to the Blue Ridge Mountains. Providing an array of outdoor activities, such as hiking, swimming, and biking, Lynchburg has a great small town feel with the amenities of a larger city.POSITION SUMMARY
An OB/GYN should be focused and compassionate towards the work of helping patients with their medical conditions. Physicians must perform proper diagnosis of women’s health conditions during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum. Physicians are responsible for performing various tests, diagnosing, and monitoring diseases. It is the OB/GYN’s responsibility to look for potential diseases and help prevent them during pregnancy. This individual is responsible for providing patients medical counsel and proper information on their medical needs. He or she should answer any and all patient questions and provide them an
understanding of their reports.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable Accommodations Statement to accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Great patients in a friendly and gentle fashion and assist with questions and doubts related to their health conditions and pregnancy.
- Perform routine check-ups for your patients.
- Examine female patients to ensure a healthy reproductive system.
- Monitor and treat expectant mothers during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
- Perform various tests and run diagnostic scans by using pap smears, pelvic, and
- Check reports to find any disease and treat it to prevent any disorder.
- Study new trends and practices performed around the world of medicine.
- Collaborate and communicate with different medical and non-medical professionals.
- Keep a detailed medical history of the medical history of all patients.
- Monitor health conditions of the mother during and before childbirth and provide after-care for the baby after leaving hospital premises.
- Deliver babies and determine the most appropriate methods to ensure health and safety of both infant and mother.
- Maintain an organized schedule.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
MD or DO, OB/GYN Specialty, 4 years of residencyExperience:
None required!Computer Skills:
Ability to efficiently operate computers. Comfortable with Microsoft Office.Certifications & Licenses:
Virginia Medical License, certificate approved by the medical board.Other Requirements:
Ability to pass required background check