Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) is Authorized
This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT and will remain open until September 30, 2021. The referral of eligible applications will be every two weeks. Eligible applications will be referred at regular intervals or as additional vacancies occur on an as-needed basis until positions are filled.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
-Provide total care of the Veterans' medical needs by performing history and physical exam, ordering appropriate lab tests, radiology studies, screening studies. This includes evaluating those tests, developing a treatment and follow-up plan to include medication, medical equipment, and home based interventions within the guidelines laid down by the supervising physician. This care will also include the outpatient follow up visits, post discharge follow-up and managing care with specialty and sub-specialty medical providers. The patient care will be provided through face to face visits and/or other modalities (Telehealth Services, telephone clinics, secure messaging, etc).
-Prepare for, provide, and follow-up on the clinical needs of Primary Care patients. Reviewing patient data, have discussions about the care with colleagues and specialists, reviewing medical literature, contacting the patient or family to discuss their concerns or needs, and collaborating with potential and actual non-VA, community-based health agencies and facilities on patient's behalf.
-Follow the principles of Patient centered care:
Honor the patient's expectation of safe, high quality and accessible care.
Solicit and respect the patient's values, preferences, and needs
Systematize the coordination, continuity, and coordination of care
Empower patients and families through information and education
Provide for physical comfort and pain management
Ensure emotional and spiritual support
Encourage the involvement of family and friends
-Manage complex diagnostic problems and difficult clinical management issues.
-Responsible for completing patient encounters, notes, orders, consults, and correctly coding visits in accordance with coding guidelines.
-Provide assistance to the Primary Care Department with regard to duties to assist the service that may be requested.
-Maintain skills, proficiencies, and professional knowledge required for licensing and clinical scope of practice.
-Provides support to APRN's or PA's working in clinic.
-The Physician will be required to attend staff meetings, may serve on committees, teams, work-groups, and complete peer reviews as requested. The Provider will complete CME, VA Training, Security training, and other mandatory trainings as assigned in TMS.
Work Schedule:Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m.to 4:30 p.m.) or as agreed upon with the possibility of extended hours and weekends.
Financial Disclosure Report:Required
Recruitment Incentive:Approved for highly qualified applicants.Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
None* Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
* Family Practice Physicians
* Physicians, All Other
* Physicians, Family Practice
Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
* Designated and/or random drug testing required
* Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
* You may be required to serve a probationary period
* Subject to a background/security investigation
* Must be proficient in written and spoken English
* Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
* Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
* United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
* Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
* Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
* Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
* Proficiency in spoken and written English.
* Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience:Background in ongoing outpatient primary care. Prior experience working with either Active Duty or Veteran Population
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:The Physical Requirements of this position are concerned with the mental and physical ability of the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the proposed assignment and may include requisite laboratory and other screening as required by Federal regulatory agencies. Physician applicants must have the mental and physical ability to perform core privileges required by the specialty position in addition to any specialty privileges requested. Position requires walking, bending, stooping, light lifting (under 15 pounds), light carrying (under 15 pounds), reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, both hands required, both legs required, walking (2 hours), standing (2 hours), ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously, both eyes required, near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other, depth perception, ability to distinguish basic colors, ability to distinguish shades of colors, Hearing (aid may be permitted), working alone, working closely with others, and protracted or irregular hours of work.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) is Authorized
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. To participate in the program, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA Policy 1021 and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.The EDRP Coordinators, Anna Harris andSherry Miller can be reached atVISN9HREDRP@va.gov.