Job Description & Requirements
Medical Director of Neurohospitalist Medicine - in New York
The Department of Neurology in the Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University is establishing a formal neurohospitalist program in July 2022. Considered a flagship research institution and destination academic medical center for central Long Island, Stony Brook University is seeking a new Division Director of Neurohospital Medicine to lead this critical and dynamic program. We are also looking for Faculty Candidates who will fit into the overall mission of the division.
The Neurohospitalist Division Director will oversee a division consisting of three full-time faculty and multiple advanced practice providers. Division faculty manage a broad range of neurologic and medical conditions with complementary subspecialty training in other inpatient-oriented subspecialties, such as epilepsy, stroke, neuroimmunology, and critical care. The Division Director will liaise with the Section Chiefs of Vascular Neurology, Neurocritical Care, Epilepsy, and leadership from the Department of Emergency Medicine to manage and enhance quality standards of the inpatient and consultative service lines.
In addition, Division Chief and faculty will collaborate on initiatives that contribute to the overall mission of the division, department, and institution by improving quality metrics, safety, patient satisfaction, and length of stay. Faculty should also develop and deliver high-quality instruction and clinical oversight to our dedicated team of advanced practice providers and trainees in our fellowship, residency, and clerkship programs. Faculty within this division will have clinical and academic interests that promote the overall mission of this division and the department (e.g., quality measurement/improvement, hospital operations, patient-centered care, or resident/student education).Opportunity Highlights
- Place your professional stamp on this new Neurohospitalist program in a top-ranked Neuroscience institute
- Establish new models of care to include quality metrics, safety, patient satisfaction, and length of stay measures
- Opportunity to create new educational programs specific to the Neurohospital space
- Research platform and system-wide resources can be harnessed to establish collaborative, scientific research with other leaders in the field of neuroscience
- Program is supported by a Level I Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, Adult and Pediatric Residencies, and three specialized fellowship programs
- Evaluate opportunities to grow the existing teleneurology service provided to affiliate hospitals
- Faculty positions available that offer significant protected time for research and subspecialty development
Live in Long Island, a beautiful waterfront community that offers a superb quality of living, reasonable New York housing, excellent schools, and an abundance of outdoor recreation in northern Long Island. All this is a short drive to one of the most exciting cities in the world – New York City.
- Long Island has an overall grade of A and is one of the best places to live in New York (Niche)
- Visit the Hamptons on the eastern shore
- Excellent restaurants, museums, and an aquarium
To qualify, applicants must be a board-eligible or board-certified neurologist interested in hospital-based patient care and clinical teaching. Candidates with experience or interest in general and stroke neurology are encouraged to apply.
BC NeurologyPreferred Qualifications
BC Neuro, likes inpatient care, funded researchAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Neurologist, Hospitalist Neurology, Brain, Nervous System, Hospitalist, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md