Adventist Health in Clear Lake, CA and Paradise, CA is seeking an experienced primary care physician to join our team as our Ambulatory Market Medical Director.
This represents an outstanding opportunity to work in a supportive and compassionate environment, as a member of an organization dedicated to providing you with the necessary resources to succeed. This position would require both a patient schedule as well as administrative duties.
Administrative responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Building internal organizational relationships with key individuals
- Implementing the system and market strategy and related goals
- Physician leadership and leading physician wellness
- Overall performance of assigned clinics
- Implementing the appropriate policies and procedures
- Physician rounding and performance evaluation, as well as overseeing hiring and disciplinary process for physicians
- Provide support to clinic leadership
- Support, promote and exemplify Adventist Health’s mission, vision and values
- Travel to assigned clinics and system office as necessary
- At least five years of practicing as a clinician
- Master’s in Business Administration, Business Management, Health Care Management, or related field preferred
- Three to five years of management experience
- Ability to provide leadership
About the Medical Center
Adventist Health Clear Lake (AHCL) is a 25-bed Critical Access medical center in Clearlake, California, serving Lake County. Services include 24-hour emergency care, diagnostic imaging (MRI, CT mammography), home care, ICU, laboratory, maternity, physical rehabilitation, pulmonary rehabilitation, surgery, and ten rural health clinics around the lake that provide primary care, behavioral health, dental care, OB/GYN, pediatrics and specialty health care services.
Adventist Health Clear Lake is located in Lake County, CA which has a population size of approximately 65,000. Home to California's largest natural freshwater lake and the cleanest air in the nation, Lake County offers beautiful rural scenery and an abundance of outdoor activities, such as hiking, boating, fishing, water skiing, biking, windsurfing and golfing. Lake County is a family-friendly community that offers year-round community events, including fairs and festivals. Adventist Health Clear Lake is less than two and a half hours by car from the San Francisco Bay Area and the Pacific Ocean, less than two hours from the Sacramento Valley and less than one hour from world-famous Napa Valley.
PNMG is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.