Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician
Benefis Health System is recruiting a new PM&R physician to join our amazing rehab team! This unit has been CARF accredited for over 40 years with well-established systems in place to focus on providing the best patient care in Montana!
We are able to provide various opportunities for PM&R practice including a shared, state of the art rehab unit, consults, outpatient clinic, EMG, subacute, MSK, spasticity, medical legal, and more depending on each physicians interests and desired practiced blend.
Inpatient Rehab Information:
- 20 bed shared acute rehab unit shared with physiatrist colleagues
- Primary diagnosis: stroke, TBI, NTBI, TSCI, NTSCI, neuro condition, LE fracture, LE replacement, other ortho, LE amputation, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiac/pulmonary DEB, MMT w/out TBI or SCI, MMT w/ TBI or SCI, and guillain barre
- CARF accredited for over 40 years top 5 in nation for longevity!
- Patient load is 5-7 per physician with an average daily census of 12
- Monday Friday average 2-3 discharges and 2-3 admissions per day
- Acute care consults range from 3-6 per day
- Rehab Staffing of over 100 employees includes:
- Dedicated IM Hospitalist covering medical needs of patients Monday - Friday
- On weekends physiatrist on call covers medical needs of patients however there is a hospitalist on call for additional support
- Med/Surg trained acute care nursing staff and critical care nurse on call to the unit 24/7 who is in house and leads nursing in emergency situations, codes, family concerns, medical complexities etc. in addition to rehab certified nursing staff
- 16 therapists for inpatient and outpatient needs therapy occurs 7 days per week
- Interdisciplinary Team Conferences take place 3x a week and are held over different shifts to involve all staff, in addition to a shared governance model involving all team members to participate consistently to make the unit better.
- Onsite therapy, gym, PT, OT, speech, therapy garden, home training, and recreational outings
Outpatient PM&R Clinic Information
- Large referring provider staff of 330 within the health system in addition to referrals from all over the state with ample opportunity to expand into various areas of passion in the field
- Clinic hours are flexible with a dedicated outpatient clinical staff to provide consistent patient follow up and address concerns
- Common patient diagnoses: TBI, Stroke, Paraplegic, Quadriplegia, Spasticity, Migraine/other headaches, Amputees, Joint injections (shoulders, hips, knees, ankles), Cervical Dystonia, Dystonia, Botox (headaches, spasticity, scars, cervical dystonia), Baclofen Intrathecal Pump Evaluation and Refills
- Various other opportunities including: subacute, MSK, medical legal and more
- Current EMG lab has 3 machines and there is an additional machine on the rehab unit
- Approximately 24 cases per week with additional opportunity to grow and consistently have good show-up rates
- Greater than 98% of the EMG volume is currently outpatient business
- Dedicated, experienced neuro techs prepare the patient for the exam, as well as complete all pre and post paperwork and are always available if technical issues arise during the study
- Providers typically do their own nerve conduction procedures (a certified tech who can perform NVC if requested)
- Diagnoses made by our current physicians include: radiculopathy, ulnar nerve compression, carpal tunnel, peripheral neuropathy, myopathy, other peripheral compression neuropathies and traumatic injuries, motor neuron disease
Compensation and Benefits Competitive compensation structures with guaranteed salary + RVU bonus opportunity creating a great opportunity to build a successful practice based on your desires in the field. Benefits offered to employees include: generous CME and PTO, malpractice coverage + tail, health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, as well as a 403B plan with 5% match and additional pre-tax savings programs for retirement. We are also able to provide J1 sponsorship and can provide additional detailed information about our process.
Community Information Great Falls has a city population of 60,000, with a draw of over 275,000 people in north central Montana. We experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools and an average commute of under 12 minutes, making the quality of life in Great Falls unsurpassed in the Rocky Mountain West. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of town. Outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water & snow skiing, rock & ice climbing, boating, white-water kayaking, off-road motor sports, upland bird, waterfowl, and big-game hunting.
Benefis Health System This is your opportunity to be part of an exceptional health system in a state that is well known for its beautiful four seasons and outdoor lifestyle. While enjoying the last best place, you'll have the added benefit of having access to Benefis Health System, one of the state's most modern and progressive healthcare facilities with 500+ beds and over 250 members on medical staff representing 40 specialties. Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technologies make Benefis an exceptional working environment and one of the Best Places To Work in Healthcare 4 years in a row 2014 2019!
Submit your CV today to learn more!
Erica Martin - Physician Recruiter
406-731-8882 - Direct