Job Description & Requirements
Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiology Physician in California
The Division of Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiology in the Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is seeking fellowship trained or equivalent experience as pediatric cardiothoracic anesthesiologists to support the continued growth of their growing pediatric cardiothoracic surgery program. The Department particularly welcomes applications from candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in medicine.
The UCSF Medical Center is a quaternary care hospital and fosters an excellent teaching environment. The Department runs one of the top Anesthesiology residency programs nationwide, per U.S. News & World Report
, in addition to several fellowship programs, including a non-ACGME-accredited fellowship in Pediatric Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology.
- The successful candidate will enjoy a faculty appointment with up to 100% congenital cardiac cases and shared call for cardiac cases only.
- Full-time faculty role
- Opportunity for leadership as Fellowship Program Director for pediatric cardiac anesthesia fellowship program
- Department provides strong support for those with academic interests, including ample protected academic time, mentorship programs, and elite research infrastructure.
- Join a strong team of clinicians recognized for excellence in clinical care, medical education, and research.
- World-renowned team of internationally recognized highly skilled and experienced surgeons work in a collaborative environment.
- A rapidly growing case volume with expanding referral base for neonatal congenital surgeries.
- Brand new, state-of-the-art facilities, located on a newly opened campus in the highly sought-after community of Mission Bay.
- Practice in a rewarding work environment in one of the preeminent academic medical centers in the world.
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals have been recognized among the nation's best pediatric medical centers in all 10 specialties assessed in U.S. News & World Report's annual survey of Best Children's Hospitals for 2021-2022.
UCSF is located in San Francisco, California—a city rich in history, economic and business development, scenic surroundings, diverse opportunities for year-round recreation and enjoyment, and an inviting and safe community to live and raise a family.
All inquiries and applications should be routed directly through Merritt Hawkins.
All UCSF employees must participate in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination Program. Relevant policy information, FAQs, and forms may be found by visiting: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html
.UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
#LI-MHAAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiologist, Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiology, Anesthesiologist, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Heart, Cardiac Anesthesiologist, Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiology, Anesthesia, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Perioperative Medicine, Perioperative, Md, ANES