The VA Northern Arizona VA Healthcare System (NAVAHS), Bob Stump Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Prescott AZ, is recruiting a Board Certified (BC) / Board Eligible (BE) General (Outpatient) Urologist, to provide a variety of urologic outpatient services, and occasional inpatient consults, including pre-operative patient exam assessments, prostate biopsies, and full-scope of urology-related direct patient care in a clinic setting. The NAVAHS a Joint Commission-accredited, complexity level three facility serving over 29,000 Veterans across Northern Arizona, providing a continuum of primary and secondary level medical, rehabilitative, and long-term care to Veterans residing in northern and central Arizona. Work Schedule/Tour of Duty: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. No call, evenings or weekend coverage expected.
- Must be a Citizen of the U.S. (Non-Citizens May Be Considered)
- Must have current unrestricted U.S. medical license
- Must be BC or BE in Urology Specialty
With a population of 45,827, Prescott is the 22nd largest community in Arizona, located at 5,400 feet above sea level in mountainous region of the 1.25-million-acre Prescott National Forrest, which is dominated by Douglas-Fir, Ponderosa Pine, as well as Pinion Pine and Juniper. Prescott has a rich history as a frontier gold and silver mining town, earning the stereotypical “wild west” town of the latter half of the 19th century, and plays host to the self-proclaimed “World’s Oldest Rodeo” that has ran continuously since 1888, and the annual Territorial Days and Frontier Days festivals. Prescott shares boarders with the Yavapai-Prescott Indian Tribe and is home to a unique and historic downtown area that features several locally owned boutiques, stores, and restaurants within the Whiskey Row and Courtyard Plaza. Prescott is known as “Everybody’s Hometown” and has earned a charming small college town reputation known for its warm and welcoming vibe.
Benefits and Features:
- Expected annual salary range from $300,000 to $350,000 and may eligibility for up to $15,000 annual performance bonus, approved for Education Debt Reduction Program up to $200,000
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance include Health-Dental-Vision care programs with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, and Long-term care insurance available
- Retirement Plans include Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
About the VA:
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further:
For information and consideration, please email your Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae to: Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, email@example.com or call (702) 675-5761