The Gastroenterology - High Point Practice is seeking a BC/BE GI Hospitalist Physician to join their growing practice in High Point, NC. Inpatient consults and procedures, supervision of GI APPs while they work inpatient, work with partners to perform hospital-based outpatient procedures.
- 46 weeks of daytime coverage Monday Friday at High Point Medical Center with 6 weeks paid time off
- 4 MDs and 3 APPs
- Hours of Operation: 8:00am 5:00pm
- 100% consultative with Hospitalist covering all admissions
- Supervision of GI APPs while they work inpatient
- APP handles consult/follow-ups
- Work with partners to perform hospital-based outpatient procedures
- Dedicated endoscopy with state-of-the-art technology for General GI and ERCP
- Collaboration with colleagues across the health system
- Adjunct faculty appointment available/desired
- Negotiable, 1:5 night and weekend call (APPs cover 8a-12p Sat-Sun)
- Salary plus incentive
Physicians work to care for patients in a variety of ways, from treating chronic illnesses to advising about preventative healthcare. While physician specialties might vary, the commonality across specialties is that physicians primarily work to diagnose and treat injuries and illnesses. They often do this by performing physical exams, taking medical histories, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests, and recommending a plan of treatment.
- MD/DO, BC/BE in Gastroenterology
- Successful record of clinical and service excellence
- Unrestricted North Carolina medical license or eligible
- Obtain and maintain medical staff privileges at High Point Medical Center
- Certification in BCLS, ACLS required if stress tests performed or as required by specialty.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration, for prescription writing required.
Love life in North Carolina s beautiful Piedmont Triad, with a regional population of 1.6 million including High Point, Greensboro & Winston-Salem, ranked in the top 60 Best Places to Live by US News & World Report. Enjoy a family friendly, affordable cost of living with housing costs 31% below the national average. The area provides four seasons; strong schools; an enthusiastically supported arts community; sports teams; active community life; prestigious college and university systems; and is located in close proximity to pristine beaches and the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains.
Typical clinical setting