(Morgantown, WV) West Virginia University School of Medicine and the Department of Anesthesiology are actively recruiting full-time Anesthesiologists to join our growing department. Candidates with interests in Neuro and OB are encouraged to apply, as well as those who specialize in Pediatrics and/or General Anesthesiology.
- MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent
- Eligible for state medical license
- Completion of an anesthesiology residency program
- Fellowship training preferred
- Board certified / eligible
- 100% employer-contributed retirement 401, including access to supplemental retirement plans
- Free college tuition for dependents and employees
- Access to two accredited child care centers
- Discounted WVU season athletic tickets
- Liability insurance with tail coverage
- Relocation assistance with access to the Physician Family Network for assimilation into the community
- Comprehensive benefits package for entire family
WVU Anesthesiology has the largest anesthesia practice in the state, and is the only anesthesiology residency-training program. The department has more than 150 credentialed clinicians. Major divisions include cardiovascular, pediatric, neuro, ambulatory anesthesia and pain medicine.
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University s affiliated health system, West Virginia s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. The system is comprised of eighteen member hospitals, anchored by, J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, an academic medical center offering tertiary and quaternary care.
Morgantown, West Virginia is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for lifestyle. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment and convenient access to Pittsburgh, PA. An excellent school system, beautiful homes, and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation are available.
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.