New Children s Hospital in Mid Atlantic: Genetics Chief Opportunity
(Morgantown, WV) West Virginia University School of Medicine and the Department of Pediatrics seeks a Geneticist qualified for appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank to serve as Chief of our growing division and program.
About the Role:
- The successful candidate will practice in the areas of adult and pediatric genetics
- Lead an expanding group of three geneticists and one advanced practice provider, plus supportive personnel
- Guide initiatives in new perinatal and cancer genetics programs
- Clinical responsibilities will include patients of all ages with duties that entail a mix of inpatient consults, telemedicine, and clinics
- Active involvement in the teaching medical students and residents
- The division is also the administrative home of an annual grant from the state of West Virginia funding medical directorship of the state newborn screening lab, and outreach through clinics and telemedicine services.
With an anticipated opening in 2022, our new 150 bed Children s Hospital will have a full suite of pediatric operating rooms, cardiac catheterization lab/interventional radiology, and GI-endoscopy with dedicated pediatric anesthesia staff. WVU Medicine Children s is a Level 2 Pediatric Trauma Center, with plans to become Level 1, as it is for adults currently. J. W. Ruby Memorial Hospital is the only hospital in West Virginia with a pediatric cardiac surgery program, the only epilepsy monitoring unit in the state equipped to serve children, and the only hospital in the state to receive Magnet status for nursing excellence.
- MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent
- Eligible to obtain a state medical license
- Completion of an accredited Genetics residency
- Board Certified in Medical Genetics
- Additional training in Biochemical Genetics is preferred
- Demonstrated track-record of leadership, excellent communication skills, and publications in high-impact journals
- 100% employer-contributed retirement 401, including access to supplemental retirement plans
- Free college tuition for dependents and employees
- Access to two accredited child care centers
- Discounted WVU season athletic tickets
- Liability insurance with tail coverage
- Relocation assistance with access to the Physician Family Network for assimilation into the community
- Comprehensive benefits package for entire family
Our Health System:
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University s affiliated health system, West Virginia s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. The system is comprised of eighteen member hospitals, anchored by, J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, an academic medical center offering tertiary and quaternary care.
The West Virginia University Health System has been ranked number 180 out of 500 businesses selected for the Forbes list of America s Best Employers 2021.
Morgantown, West Virginia is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for lifestyle. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment and convenient access to Pittsburgh, PA. An excellent school system, beautiful homes, and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation are available.
To learn more, visit https://medicine.hsc.wvu.edu/pediatrics/ and apply online www.wvumedicine.org/careers. Please contact Megan Core, Senior Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.